User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 11-21-2010, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where is the heater blower relay?

Hi

I have 07 murano. And having a/c delay problem like other members.

I'm trying to change the relay to try out.

Do you know the location of the relay?

Thx
Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Either the 2007 is configured differently from the 2005 or I am misreading the schematics because I do not see a relay in the blower circuit.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
#3 Old 11-22-2010, 01:01 AM

I think it's located around dash board area.

I searched the audio area but no luck.

Anyone knows where it is?

Tooooo cold here in Canada.

Help is much appreciated.
#4 Old 11-22-2010, 07:12 AM

well.....there IS a blower relay...the 2006 has a blower relay located in the fuse box. I would bet the 07 is the same.

Attached is pages from the 2006 service manual that shows the schematic of the blower relay and the location in the fuse box.

Now. FYI. located UNDER the stereo and attached to the stereo frame is the A/C amp. this module is what controls all the functions and motors for the HVAC system. these modules are known to go out. so the blower relay may not be your issue.

There is a procedure in the service manual about how to do a self test of this module. may help diagnose the issue. search the forum here for the link to download it.

Zc
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Blower.pdf (32.1 KB, 1316 views)
File Type: pdf Blower 2.pdf (76.6 KB, 1867 views)

2006 Murano S AWD
#5 Old 11-01-2011, 12:51 PM
gsg

Blower works intermittently

Cold weather is here and I notice that my Muran '07 AWD blower for the heat only works sometimes. It is usually after it has been on for more than 30 minutes does the fan kick on even though the fan has been turned on high in both manual and auto mode.

Any ideas?
#6 Old 11-01-2011, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Relays either work or they don't. If you have a delay. more than likely the A/C amp, as referred to above, is at fault.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#7 Old 11-06-2011, 12:42 AM

On the 2003 there is a temperature sensor on the dirver's side, bottom of the molding, close towards the center console. I was changing out the 2003 style gauges with 2006 style gauges and forgot to hook it back up. My fan wouldn't work unless I turned the AC all the way down (this was during the summer). Once I hooked it back up, everything worked fine.

Looking at the 2007 manual, it's in the same position and Nissan calls it the "in-vehicle sensor". You might want to check to see if the connection is loose.
#8 Old 12-01-2012, 05:48 AM

Just wanted to say thanks to the forums and members for this thread. Like others, I had an issue where the heater/ac blower on my 2006 Murano either started immediately then quit after about 5 seconds, or took 5 to 10 minutes to start blowing.

After the local Billings, MT dealership replaced the entire blower motor ($220+labor) with no results, I found this thread. The dealership said the next step on their "troubleshooting tree" was to replace an $800 electrical assembly. Hah hah hah. They also tried to claim the motor wasn't covered under my extended Comprehensive Warranty despite being listed along with the relay, but luckily the Nissan National office was able to get me a refund.

I had some trouble finding an online shop which could order the relay for the blower motor, but my local AutoZone got one in 3 days for $37.
It took me about 10 minutes to replace, mostly just to unhook the clips on the fuse panel and work it around to where I could reach the relay. There's a philips head screw which secures part of the dashboard panel which I removed to give me a little extra "wiggle room".

After replacing, it worked like a charm, no problems with the blower which is great news since winter is here.

For those having trouble locating it, find the lever to open your hood. When sitting in the driver's seat it's by your left knee and there's a plastic cover which just pops off. The fuse panel is white, you'll need a small flathead screwdriver to help get it free of the clips and I recommend a flashlight to help see. Once you get the fuse panel free of the clips, work it around so you can see the back and the relay is a small blue cube. There are two, the one on the "top" is for the blower motor. It just pulls right out, and the replacement pushes in, make sure it's snug, then replace the panel in the holding clips and put the screw back in and snap the plastic cover back on.

If that doesn't work then it might be one of the other issues people have mentioned, but for less than $40 and a few minutes work this is a good thing to try before spending a load of cash on something else.

And with all due respect, zebelkhan, you are not correct in saying that relays "either work or they don't".

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: