20 min delay for Heat or A/C to turn on - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
#1 Old 12-29-2010, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
20 min delay for Heat or A/C to turn on

I have a 06 Murano, the heat will not turn on immediately. In the mornings it will take 20 to 30 minutes before the fan will turn on and heat the car. Once it does turn on it will functionally perferctly.

It should be noted that the car is warmed up within 5 minutes or so and you can feel heat coming from the vents but the fan will not turn on to push the heat for at least 20-30 minutes.

The A/C performs in a similar fashion.

The MO is at the dealer and they are starting to point to the entire climate control cluster in the dash, any ideas? I have searched through what I believe to be every post in this forum and found nothing on this topic specifically. I would greatly appreciate the help, I am currently in the process of replacing 2 engine mounts and the 2 front control arms. I thank those of you that provided posts for the control arms and such.

Thanks,

Semper Fidelis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-29-2010, 11:02 PM

check the blower relay. it is a common problem.

2006 Murano S AWD
#3 Old 12-29-2010, 11:41 PM

That makes sense, I use to work on aircraft for the Marine Corps and the old style relays would either work or not work. I was just talking to a friend of mine about it and he was informing me that relays have changed a lot in the past 10 years. I will give it a shot thanks.
#4 Old 12-30-2010, 07:15 AM

There are 4 power connections to the AC amplifier located under the stereo. one of the main connections goes through the blower motor relay. if this relay is not making a good connection, IE the contacts are worn out or the relay isn't clicking on fully. not enough power can get to the blower motor.

and these blower motors do not run like cars of old. they use a PWM(variable width pulses) motor controller to continuously vary the speed. so if for some reason the PWM controller isn't happy...no worky!

The delay start is another...common Murano issue.

replacing the blower relay has fixed the issue in some cases. replacing the very expensive AC amp module has fixed it in others.

2006 Murano S AWD
#5 Old 12-30-2010, 09:27 AM

Yeah I had also considered the AC Amp module as well, it comes in around $350, I hope it can be avoided. Thanks man.
#6 Old 12-30-2010, 02:35 PM

Zero Cool

Have you ever replaced the control amp module? Is it a simple pop and swap type module? Or is it it soldered in? Thanks you have been a great help.

John
#7 Old 01-24-2011, 07:16 AM

I have a 2007 murano what is location of blower motor relay.
#8 Old 03-24-2011, 11:37 AM

Smile Location of blower motor relay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quatkpd View Post
I have a 2007 murano what is location of blower motor relay.
OK, for all of you that need to replace the blower motor relay on the 2007 Murano. Here is what you have to do.

Under the steering column you need to remove the dash cover. There are 2 screws that hold up the diagnostic input to the dash cover and then there is one screw on each side of the cover facing down. Remove all these screws.

Now you have to remove 2 hex head screws that hold the hood release on and then remove the same type of screws (2 hex head) that hold the fuse box to the frame under the left side of the dash.

Gently pull out the fuse box, be careful not to pull out or cut any wires, and turn the fuse box over and you will see 2 relays. the top one controls the blower fan.

I checked both relays and they are the same relay. Nissan part no. 2523079942. I took them both out and switched them out and the blower fan now works fine. I do not know what the other relay is for but I have ordered a new one and will replace it also.

You can order from RockAuto.com their part number is 1R1921 and will cost $25.79 plus shipping. They have them in stock.

It should only take you about 20 minutes to take out the dash cover under the steering column and is no problem.

Hope this help everyone.
#9 Old 03-24-2011, 03:00 PM

thanks for sharing ronjas, my heater either works great or does not work great, seems like i need to be doing 2500 prm before i get "hot" heat out of the vents, otherwsie in the am if i just putt around it could take an hour or so before i get real heat (at least enough to have to turn it down anyways) blowers seem to work ok though, really hate that about this unit espeically when we can hit -25 easy in the winter months here IN Canada.
#10 Old 03-28-2011, 09:19 PM

I received the new blower motor relay in only 2 days and replaced it and my A/C motor and all my systems are working great. The second relay controlled the display.

Both were Nissan part no. 2523079942. You can order from RockAuto.com their part number is 1R1921 and will cost $25.79 plus shipping. They have them in stock.
#11 Old 12-01-2012, 06:42 AM

I had this issue as well, there's another thread on the forums about it too.

Where is the heater blower relay?
#12 Old 12-05-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjvas View Post
OK, for all of you that need to replace the blower motor relay on the 2007 Murano. Here is what you have to do.

Under the steering column you need to remove the dash cover. There are 2 screws that hold up the diagnostic input to the dash cover and then there is one screw on each side of the cover facing down. Remove all these screws.

Now you have to remove 2 hex head screws that hold the hood release on and then remove the same type of screws (2 hex head) that hold the fuse box to the frame under the left side of the dash.

Gently pull out the fuse box, be careful not to pull out or cut any wires, and turn the fuse box over and you will see 2 relays. the top one controls the blower fan.

I checked both relays and they are the same relay. Nissan part no. 2523079942. I took them both out and switched them out and the blower fan now works fine. I do not know what the other relay is for but I have ordered a new one and will replace it also.

You can order from RockAuto.com their part number is 1R1921 and will cost $25.79 plus shipping. They have them in stock.

It should only take you about 20 minutes to take out the dash cover under the steering column and is no problem.

Hope this help everyone.
I've been having the same issue and bought a new relay but I'm not quite sure how to access the back of the fuse box. Would you happen to have any pics regarding the process you outlined? What tools do I need besides a screwdriver?
#13 Old 12-19-2013, 05:46 PM

Hey Blackwidow - this may seem kind of late but I had the same issue recently. Whenever it got really cold, the blower took 4-5 mins to come on. (maximum time is 150 secs when working properly). Then I read a number of threads on this and it seems to be the blower motor relay is the culprit for most of the instances it happens. I switched mine with the other relay in there (which is for the accessories) and then started the car. Guess what, the blower started to work but the screen never came on until after a few minutes. That confirmed that the issue was the blower relay.

You can also check that it is not the Blower motor resistor by starting the car and putting the heat and blower on high. If the blower comes on right away without the car being warmed up, then it could be the blower motor resistor. If not, then proceed to check the relays. The relay issue is more common and thank goodness since it is a lot cheaper.

It's an easy fix....and the procedure is just as explained above. Remove the 2 screws that hold the steering wheel trim panel in place (one on either end), remove the 2 screws for the data link (this is optional since I was able to do it without removing these screws), remove the 2 10 mm bolts that hold the hood release. Then gently pry/pull the trim panel out. Next steps are to remove the 2 10 mm bolts that hold the fuse panel in place and gently pull the fuse panel out far enough - do not yank on this!!!

You'll see the 2 blue relays in the back. For the 2007 model, they are vertical. The top one is for the Blower and the bottom one is for the Acc.

Good luck

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: