Idle relearn procedure help
I sat in the car for about an hour trying to do this and was not able to do it.
Here is what I did. Hope that someone can tell me what if anything I am doing wrong.
WHAT I DID (did it all with a stopwatch to make sure timing is correct):
1. Warmed up the car by driving for about 30 minutes.
2. Parked in driveway.
3. made sure weels are straight
4. turned off all equipment (ac, radio, all lights, etc)
5. turned car off
6. did the accelerator pedal released position learning procedure
7. did the throttle valve closed position learning procedure
8. turned ignition off for more than 10 seconds (at least 1 minute actually)
9. turned ignition to ON and waited for 3 seconds
10.at 3 seconds started pressing the accelerator pedal 5 times (did that so that entire step took less than 5 seconds)
11.after i released the pedal after last release, waited for 7 seconds
12.at 7 seconds, pressed the accelerator pedal adn kept it pressed all the way for 20 seconds.
12a. during the above step, at 10 seconds the engine light started blinking.
12b. during above step, the engine light became solid on at 20 seconds
13. at 20 seconds, released the accelerator pedal and started counting for 3 seconds.
14. at 3 seconds, started the car
WHAT I NOTICED:
after I start the car, it dies. tried several times and each time same result.
The idle goes to about 250 rpm, and then to 0, turning the car off.
even tried to manipulate the throttle so that the idle is bumped to about 750 or so while i start the car. no help..
bottom line, i do the relearn procedure but the car seems not to be learning this.
Here are some questions:
am i doing anything visible wrong?
if not, can't i just adjust the throttle idle? won't this fix the problem?
any other advice will be greatly appreciated.
i want to fix this asap.