Do you update your navigation system?

• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%

Updating navigation system

18K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Anthony 
#1 ·
Doing a poll to see how many of you update or don't update your navigation system

#2 ·
I routinely update the maps on my GPS units every other year.

For those with a 2011 Murano with Nav, apparently, the maps can now more easily be updated by the owner without having to take the vehicle back to the dealer for the update process (with a service charge) . With the 2011 Murano (unlike older model Murano's) you the owner are able to buy the map update DVD, insert it in the regular DVD player and do the update. According to Navteq's web site today 3/29/11 there is no update available for the 2011 Murano presently.

Click here:
NAVTEQ - Maps for your Nissan Navigation System

#6 ·
Indeed, I agree ....... There are those though (not me) that go to the dealer as they are squeamish about doing updates, etc.. Also with the older then 2011 Murano's the Navteq web site, etc. states dealer has to do the update so of course many owners do as the manual states.. Reality is the update can be done by the owner. I have never done such an update on a vehicle with built in NAV but it probably involves little more then inserting a DVD and possible entering a purchase code #.

#7 ·
actually, i get my update from an outside reliable source. i pay for the dvd and insert it myself. i've never run into any issues nor have i ever had to enter any sort of code. simply just pop open the cover, eject the old disc, insert the new, and let it load. literally takes 5 minutes.

#8 ·
After reading your post I gather with the older Murano's the DVD stays in the dedicated, hidden, DVD player and the NAV unit reads the DVD as needed?? I figured as much. With the newer Murano's the Navteq Map DVD apparently is read by the regular vehicle DVD player and copied onto the MusicBox -hard drive- and then you remove the Navteq Map DVD from the player. I'm not sure but I "think" a code # is needed when installing the update on the MusicBox hard drive.. this would prevent installing the Navteq Map update DVD on more then one vehicle? Guess we will know more about install of the map update when forum goers post here when an update becomes available for the 2011 Murano.

#14 ·
I "backed-up" the Nissan/Infiniti 2010 DVD to a DVD-R and it worked fine. Took a little bit of tinkering witht he burning software, but my backup has been running the maps for about a year now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.