05 taillight mod idea... - Page 3 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#31 Old 07-12-2011, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I just took a quick look at my MOs tail light. I kinda forgot what it was and seldom follow my MO. Now I see what you did--steady middle bulb tail light. Shows a Solid Brighter tail light! Now I am tempted to do it too. Better visibility for the impaired driver behind you. Are the models with leds wired the same way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-12-2011, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
LED are much different. You need to install a controller.

I will have to wait until tonight for the video. My work blocks youtube.

05 Merlot AWD S w/Convenience Package, Tow Package, Sirius Radio

Upgrades:
- OEM Homelink Mirror, Tweeters, FOG (on with parklight)
- 2007 OEM Chrome HVAC Knobs, Alum. Rear Protector, Wheels
- Alum. Pedals & LED Lights in Vents

Future Upgrades (hopefully some day):
- LED Taillight Upgrade (have parts for control board)
- OEM HID Headlights (have parts)
#33 Old 07-12-2011, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitely View Post
I just took a quick look at my MOs tail light. I kinda forgot what it was and seldom follow my MO. Now I see what you did--steady middle bulb tail light. Shows a Solid Brighter tail light! Now I am tempted to do it too. Better visibility for the impaired driver behind you. Are the models with leds wired the same way?
If I remember correctly, the LEDs are wired as one large panel. There aren't different sections.

2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD
2001 Ford Excursion V10 4x4
2004 Honda VTX 1300S
#34 Old 07-12-2011, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
If I remember correctly, the LEDs are wired as one large panel. There aren't different sections.
That is correct. The whole taillight lights up for all three functions so there is nothing to add.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#35 Old 07-12-2011, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
MOV09992.mp4 video by biggun10 - Photobucket

Video at night with the hazards.

05 Merlot AWD S w/Convenience Package, Tow Package, Sirius Radio

Upgrades:
- OEM Homelink Mirror, Tweeters, FOG (on with parklight)
- 2007 OEM Chrome HVAC Knobs, Alum. Rear Protector, Wheels
- Alum. Pedals & LED Lights in Vents

Future Upgrades (hopefully some day):
- LED Taillight Upgrade (have parts for control board)
- OEM HID Headlights (have parts)
#36 Old 12-01-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambus View Post
I read your posts and it got me thinking that I like the idea. So I DID IT

Its not that hard really. Took about 10 min per light if you got the parts.
The part you will need is 2 X DUAL Filament sockets ( bulb 7443 ) and a jumper wire ( 18 GA , about 5 inches ).

NOTE: Best thing to do is find a 1st Gen Murano on a junk yard and cut off the break light ( bottom) sockets. I could not find a Murano so I got the sockets from 2000-2003 Maxima - they will do ( they have the same wire coloring too) .

What you do is first cut off the turn signal - middle socket off - won't need it anymore. Than you attach the new Dual Fillament socket - wiring is: Black to Black and Green to Green/Yellow (on the socket)

Then run the jumper wire from Green/White (on the new socket) to the Green/White on the existing brake (bottom) socket like so

Thats it..... almost.

If you got a socket from another Murano than you are done - it fits perfectly without modifications into the middle light hole.

If you got it out of a Maxima, you will need to "trim" the two little tabs on the new socket and then it will fit nicely into the middle light hole.

New Maxima Socket before

New Maxima Socket after

After the trimming is done, just insert the new socket into the middle light hole and you are done, works perfectly and all lights are evenly lit. Your turn signals and breaks light up as before.

This worked great.. I followed instructions to the "T".. that's what Im talk'n bout.. thank you for the effort and easy quick mod.. it looks great.. I've never really liked the middle bulb off every.. even before I purchase my MO.. I've read the mods for LED. but dont think the hassle and inconsistent outcome acceptable. From afar this looks like LED just truly not as bright but very acceptable.
#37 Old 12-19-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompuDiZzal View Post

This worked great.. I followed instructions to the "T".. that's what Im talk'n bout.. thank you for the effort and easy quick mod.. it looks great.. I've never really liked the middle bulb off every.. even before I purchase my MO.. I've read the mods for LED. but dont think the hassle and inconsistent outcome acceptable. From afar this looks like LED just truly not as bright but very acceptable.
Where did you get the bulb socket from? I am wanting to do this mod also! thanks
#38 Old 12-20-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua5438 View Post
Where did you get the bulb socket from? I am wanting to do this mod also! thanks
See post #8 for the link.

I bought a pair but traded my MO in before I had the chance to install it. If you cannot find it let me know and I can send you mine if you pay the shipping. I can drop them in a USPS small box which is like $5 but can only send them to you after the Holidays.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#39 Old 01-18-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebelkhan View Post
See post #8 for the link.

I bought a pair but traded my MO in before I had the chance to install it. If you cannot find it let me know and I can send you mine if you pay the shipping. I can drop them in a USPS small box which is like $5 but can only send them to you after the Holidays.
Just now getting back to this... I searched ebay but all of the plugs with three wires seem to snap in to place instead of turn and lock. Do you have a picture of the ones that you purchased? If you have the correct ones then I will just buy them from you....
#40 Old 01-23-2013, 04:55 PM

Sure. They are on my desk, but under a mountain of paper! I will try to find them...

#41 Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 PM

05 taillight mod idea...

Just let me know when you find them. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
#42 Old 01-28-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua5438 View Post
Just let me know when you find them. Thanks

Found them! PM me if these are the ones you are looking for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	17802   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	17803  

#43 Old 01-28-2013, 08:29 PM

05 taillight mod idea...

Hmm. Do you know if they worked? That is the ones I have seen on eBay. If they work I will take them. Just need to make sure they will work.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: