Tires for 2007 Murano - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 05-24-2011, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tires for 2007 Murano

My original tires are nearing the end of their lives. My Murano came with Goodyear P235/65 R18 Eagles LS. Right now I am planning on replacing them with the same thing. I am planning on getting the tires from Wal-Mart. Wal-mart's web site shows the tires at 203 each. I will also spring for the life time rotation and balance with will add another 40 bucks to the cost. I may or may not get the Road Hazard for another 40 bucks.

My reasoning goes like this. I have had no problems with the ride, noise, or handling of the Eagles LS. I will have about 50K on them when they are replaced. One or two tire rotations pays for the cost of buying it up front from Wal-Mart. I have bought two sets of tires from Wal-mart and they have been very good about correctly performing the rotations, balancing, and Road Hazards/Flat repairs.

Does anyone see any flaw in this logic? From what I have read the Eagles are seen as ok tires, but no great. Frankly that is ok with me. Can any one give me a cheaper alternative or options?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-24-2011, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I like the eagle for the treadlife I got from it--77K miles. I just replaced it last month with BF goodrich long trail tour. Jury is still out but so far so good. The price quote you got is high. Cheaper if you become a member of samsclub-which is by walmart. Do some research first. Lots of discussions on tires here.
#3 Old 05-25-2011, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I was also very happy with the ride and performance of the original GY's that came on my 04 SE. I replaced them at 61K and, thanks to regular rotating, they still had 5-10K of tread left on them.

After doing some research (there IS a ton of discussion about tire replacements here) and shopping around, I opted for the Cooper CS-4 Touring tires back in 03/09. I just hit 90K, and the Coopers still look, ride and perform (including the past 2 winters of New England ice and snow) great. I found them locally for $150 each, including mounting, balancing and a decent road hazard warranty. The 4 tires netted to $590, after tax and a $40 Cooper rebate at the time. Since that was only 2 years ago, I'd guess you could shop around and find similar pricing today for the Coopers or similar replacements.

That said, the $203 you were quoted for the GY's isn't bad, though (as nitely suggested) it does sound a little high - especially for Walmart. Also, if you negotiate wisely, you should be able to get most places to throw in road hazzard coverage, especially if you are paying around $200/tire. And peronally, I'd never pay extra for rebalancing (rarely, if ever needed) or rotating (something I do semi-annually while I have the car in the air doing my oil changes).

Good luck. Let us know what you decide on.
#4 Old 05-25-2011, 10:33 AM

Nitely,

Your were right, Sam's club was about 185.
#5 Old 05-26-2011, 07:29 AM

NTB has them for $161.99 and GoodYear has a special buy 3 get 1 free through 5/31. I went with GY as their price out the door (with all the mounting, valve, disposal and road hazard fees) was less than buying all 4 tires at a cheaper price.

05 SE AWD Merlot +
09 LE AWD Graphite
#6 Old 05-26-2011, 04:41 PM

Assurance cs Fuel Max Tires

The Goodyear dealer recommended these:
Assurance cs Fuel Max
They're made by Goodyear, and he said they're better than the Goodyear Eagle LS.
He quoted me a price of $820.00 ($80 rebate) for 4 tires. They have a 65,000 mile warranty.
Have any of you heard of or used these tires ?
#7 Old 05-26-2011, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blumoon View Post
The Goodyear dealer recommended these:
Assurance cs Fuel Max
They're made by Goodyear, and he said they're better than the Goodyear Eagle LS.
He quoted me a price of $820.00 ($80 rebate) for 4 tires. They have a 65,000 mile warranty.
Have any of you heard of or used these tires ?
I looked them up on TireRack.com, and they are apparently too new to be listing reviews. That would make me nervous. I would get something that has a good history of ratings rather than just going with whatever the Goodyear sales rep wants to sell you.

I just bought 4 new Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires from TireRack for $703.18 (including shipping). They're being installed right now, I'll pick up the Mo after work. Installation should be around $80 everything included, so under $800 for the highest rated tires on TireRack.com.

Shop around, and make sure you read all the tire threads on this forum. Cooper CS4 sounds like a great tire if you can find it, the Paradas are supposed to be good, Goodyear Tripletread is good particularly if you want significant traction in mud/snow/etc, Bridgestone Alenzas seem to be a popular choice.

Be careful when you're looking at reviews, though. Make sure you're paying attention to what people WITH SIMILAR CARS are saying. For example, the TripleTred is really highly rated by pickup and large SUV owners, but lower rated by vehicles more like the Murano.

~ Corin

----------------------------------------
2005 MO SL AWD, Platinum w/ Charcoal Cloth, Sunroof Pkg, Tow Pkg, StonGard, Stainless "Z" Grill, air horns, ipod magic box, Garmin c320, Carseat
2008 Zap Xebra Electric Car (with many upgrades)
2011 Nissan Leaf (100% electric, 100% awesome! Got it 4/1/2011)
#8 Old 05-30-2011, 10:26 AM

Garage
Khumos have worked well for me in other applications. Anyone here have experience with them on the MO?

--
03 Murano LS all recalls done
02 PT Cruiser new engine & trans
94 BMW 318ic needs work
73 GMC motorhome transmission needed
#9 Old 05-30-2011, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I've used Kumhos on a Blazer and they ran fine, but I'd take the BFG Long Trail TAs over them.

I've run a lot of tires and the two best brands I've run for handling, traction and longevity have been BFG and Michelin.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: