Nissan Murano Forum banner

Can we adjust windshield wiper pressure?

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Paul L 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Murano SE. The windshield wipers are Rain-X Latitude and used to be very smooth and noiseless. One day one of the clip broke and it was replaced by dealer. Since then, the wiper makes noise if there isn't enough water on the glass. It looks like the new clip applies too much pressure.

Thanks.
Paul

#5 ·
If it's between the motor and arm, I don't understand. The arm presses onto a drive stud that's powered by the motor. I think you need better info.

#6 ·
I agree. Pressure on the windshield is controlled by the spring action of the arm, not the piece that goes between the motor and the arm. So if they replaced that, then it has nothing to do with your issue.

Are both blades making noise?

I would check first to ensure blades are properly re-installed and are firmly in place. Then I would clean them using warm water, baking soda, and liquid dishwashing soap. Instead of baking soda you can use vinegar or windex. If all fails, then try new blades.

#7 ·
Thanks.
The Latitudes are relatively new. I installed a pair on the Sentra and they are so smooth that I considered as the best investment on a car. So that I bought the pair for the Murano. I will try to reinstall it this weekend. You know the Murano's wipers only have limited distance from the windshield to install and I may have not installed properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.