Nissan Murano Forum banner

Driver Seat Motor Chewed Up my Link Assembly

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jujuface 
#1 ·
I know a lot of MO owners have had the problem with the drivers seat not moving forwards or backwards but I think mine really takes the cake here.
Neither side was moving which I initially thought was because both of those plastic gears must have been stripped.
I open it up and find that only one gear is stripped so I replace it, but after putting the seat back in I find that one side is moving now (the side of the gear I replaced) and the other is not. I take the seat back out and find this:

Those that have replaced the gear will probably recognize this part immediately. The motor mates into the white plastic part and the other side has the gear sitting in it. There is a flexible metal coil inside the plastic tube and the side that docks into the motor is completely destroyed.

After looking pretty much everywhere that sells seat parts for the MO. I took the part to the dealer and they said they weren't sure if they sell the part either, but he suspects it is the link assembly according to their diagram and that it will cost $110. Of course $110 is ridiculous but I will probably have to pay up if I want the seat fixed.
Anyone know if there is somewhere else I can find this? The dealer didn't even have it on hand so I'm waiting for the order to come in. If they don't have the part either it looks like I'm screwed.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.