Nissan Murano Forum banner

Incorrect "Average Fuel Economy" Calculation

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Pilgrim 
#1 ·
Attached is a photo of my 2006 Mo's fuel economy display stopped at a traffic light. Car probably has around 3 gallons of gas in it (my son is driving, so hard to tell). It would be awesome if I got 63.5 mpg, but realistic numbers are in the 22-23 mpg range.

Any explanations?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Did that before myself. On the highway cruising at about 55mph, I can get it in the mid 30's but I usually average 20.9 (actual long term reading when initially reset while rolling on the road) with both city and expressway driving combined. The highest the Murano will read is 99 mpg. Did it on a trip in Colorado, going downhill for roughly 45 minutes in total, when I reset it and hit 99mpg...wont show you any more as far as I know.

#7 ·
Nothing to worry about. Watch it over a 30-minute driving span and you'll get more realistic numbers.

Coming out of the Rocky Mts. I can get wonderful numbers by doing a reset in the middle of a 5-mile downhill coast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.