Nissan Murano Forum banner

how to install universal door lock actuator

25K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  deeman 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Hi, I'm wondering if you can tell me if the actuator for the back right passenger door is the same as the front passenger door. Also, can you direct me to where to purchase these items, I don't want to buy the wrong one. Both front and back passenger doors actuators don't work anymore and the front actually controls the back left gate. From the looks of the video this is something I can do myself. Thanks for sharing the video! I've been looking for reasonable priced actuators for over a year.

#5 ·
front and rear are same (of course inside door panel is different a bit), but the idea is same i have done the front ones long time ago ,the only thing you should watch is don't connect actuator opposite way in that case when you lock it will unlock and Vice versa :) ,i got my actuators from e bay there is ton of them here is link for one.

2 X UNIVERSAL HEAVY DUTY POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR MOTOR 12-VOLT | eBay

#10 ·
Well I did the front passenger door today. It wasn't quite as easy as it looked on the video, but it works fine. I ordered two of the actuators on ebay for about $9.00 shipped. It was certainly a cheaper repair than getting a new one from nissan. Good luck to all who try it in the future.

#11 ·
Well I did the front passenger door today. It wasn't quite as easy as it looked on the video, but it works fine. I ordered two of the actuators on ebay for about $9.00 shipped. It was certainly a cheaper repair than getting a new one from nissan. Good luck to all who try it in the future.
Hi, im currently doing the passenger door. Was wondering what color the wires are for the front pass.? thanks
-Kris

#15 ·
I know it has been sometime since someone last posted on this thread. I stumbled across this thread after having 3 of my 4 door locks died. I watched the video, but it was kind of hard to follow. My buddy with a 2003 infiniti FX35 said he had the same problem with his doors, good job Nissan/Infiniti! Anyway, he told me about to check out usactuators.com. Said they sell a kit and a set of instructions to fix my door locks. Has anyone else heard of them or tried there repair kits out? 4 kits for the same price of 1 dorman replacement (rockauto) sounds too good to be true.

#16 ·
the actuators at usactuator.com are $140. The actual actuator part is a universal one that sells for a few bucks. Here's one of many examples:

ebay actuator

What you are paying for is the few pages of instruction from usactuator.

Here's a video I found on youtube that might be helpful:

When I bought mine from ebay, I think I paid around $10, it came with a couple pages of instruction that I found quite helpful. I installed it over 4 years ago and it's still going strong. Just sharing my experience for you to consider.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.