Nissan Murano Forum banner

Intelligent Key - Need Housing only

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  oldAGE 
#1 ·
I have my intelligent key and the emergency key that goes with it. My buttons started falling off of one and I simply would like to replace the housing. I can swap the circuit board and add a new battery and move the key over.

Anyone know where I can simply buy the Intelligent Key housing without the guts and blank key? I scoured Ebay and find expensive used or after market. Thanks.
#3 ·
Pomerlo -
Just about perfect... yes. Was hoping for one more "Murano-centric" as the Murano does not have a trunk so in-lieu of the trunk button there is a Panic Button.

"It's no big deal," you say? Well, sort of... Have two teen female drivers. Although the trunk button would sound the horn it's a matter of how does one behave in a panic situation when the other cars have clearly marked panic buttons on their fobs.

I know I know -- over thinking things and a little red paint... ;)

Thanks for the reply and find. If nothing else, it gives me the words that people use to post these things - empty shell, etc...

Thanks again.
#4 ·
#5 ·
Thanks for the effort. Yeah, I have looked everywhere for a reasonable price and have found the OEM used for as low as $45. I was hoping to spend less than $20. I was hoping the forum would have a great supplier at a great price.

Thanks again for your time and effort.
#6 ·
So after checking with a few FOB and REMOTE re-sellers on Ebay to see if they simply have a decent quality 3 button shell (and they all replied "No, only whole units in varying degree of used quality or new..."), I pulled the trigger on a reseller of the OEM shell manufacturer in China.... Taking a chance on the literal "slow boat from China" for $24 shipped, no tax. This is about half the price of some of the better used FOBs out there. We'll see how this goes...

Protection from PayPal, Google, and my Credit Card company so the downside risk is low.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...gclid=CNa7w_D538UCFQiQaQod85MAMQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.