Nissan Murano Forum banner

Get your CVT checked for trouble codes NOW!

10K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  se2007 
#1 ·
I took my 2006 Murano to a transmission shop to change fluid. Before the shop changed fluid, he hooked up his diagnostic computer to my car and received a trouble code P0868. He said this is a death sentence for CVT transmission but there is a service bulletin and procedure about this. The procedure replaces the "valve body" located inside the transmission and does not require to remove the transmission. He said it would costs about $1800 to replace including $1000 valve body and labor.

I remember the CVT has 10 year warranty so I took my car to the dealer and they confirmed what the transmission shop said. They took care of everything for free. My CVT warranty expires in 5 months!!!!

So if your car is less than 10 years old, have your mechanic check for any trouble codes NOW before the 10 year warranty expires or you will end up spending almost $2K for repairs.

I never noticed any problems with my CVT and it only has 60K miles. The Service Bulletion said:

"A lack of power when accelerating from a standing start with DTC P0868".

Service Bulletin at:

http://engine-codes.com/uploads/nissan/NTB05-084a.pdf

Peter

See less See more
#4 ·
The Check Engine Light was not on. There was no indication anywhere saying that there's something wrong with the transmission. I have no idea when this trouble code started.

But several weeks ago I was driving up the steep mountain on I-80 in Sierra Nevada Mountain on the way to Reno and the car was jerking quite a bit as if the computer was deciding on which "gear" to select. By the time the freeway leveled off, it was fine from then on. This sounds like transmission problem under heavy load and similar to the Service Bulletin saying lack of power when accelerating from standing start.

Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.