User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 06-17-2012, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Exclamation Help - Car won't start :(

Hi Nisssan Murano forum members,

I am new here. I hope you guys can help me out.

I have filled-up my murano with gas on Friday evening. I parked my car outside the garage on my drive. I haven't started it since earlier today (3pm), I was not able to start my car.

Here's what I see and heard:
-First start sound like it's choked no noise.
-Second start - no sound
-I have checked the gas lid and it's closed tight.
-Third start the starter is working with zapping sound.

I was told to tried to make sure the car is in PARK. I have tried to put the car in Neutral, let it drifted back a foot and place it back to Park. Started the car again and still nothing happened.

I don't remember see these light before; but this is what I saw [SLIP] and [VDC OFF] lights were On and then off.

The lights on the display gauges (orange rings) turn Off then On again; when I tried to start the car. All inside lights, radio, CD are working.The window got stuck when I tried to power it down to check for power, then it when back up again.

Could this be the battery is weak? I have measured and it's 11.7 volt.

I'm not sure if the starter or fuel pump is bad. Can someone please help me out?

Thank YOU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-17-2012, 11:02 PM

Sorry, my is a 2007 Murano SL. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
#3 Old 06-18-2012, 12:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
did u fix this already?

i have read this on forum and once tried on my honda accord
floor ur gas pedal 3-5times then crank start to put some gas in throttle (don't press gas pedal a lot as it may flood the engine)
if not successful try slightly pressing gas pedal while cranking the start
i hope this work on u

also try observing a fluid flow as i suspect a bad fuel pump may occur
#4 Old 06-18-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintados View Post
did u fix this already?

i have read this on forum and once tried on my honda accord
floor ur gas pedal 3-5times then crank start to put some gas in throttle (don't press gas pedal a lot as it may flood the engine)
if not successful try slightly pressing gas pedal while cranking the start
i hope this work on u

also try observing a fluid flow as i suspect a bad fuel pump may occur
Hi pintados,
Thank you for your reply. I just tried pumping the gas pedal, it didn't start either. This time, the interior gauges blinks like crazy after i tried to start the car. Then I tried to turn on the head light, only the driver is on.

FYI:
There are no peeping sound when disarm the car or horn when lock / arm the car via remotely or button on doors.
#5 Old 06-18-2012, 01:11 AM

have u heard a slightly run on engine when pressing the pedal on start? if no sound or respond on the engine meaning it might be the battery is the culprit. as u describe low voltage output on it or it might be discharged already?
how old is your car battery? 5-7years i'm thinking of buying a new one.

good luck my friend, don't give up u can fix this!
#6 Old 06-18-2012, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintados View Post
have u heard a slightly run on engine when pressing the pedal on start? if no sound or respond on the engine meaning it might be the battery is the culprit. as u describe low voltage output on it or it might be discharged already?
how old is your car battery? 5-7years i'm thinking of buying a new one.

good luck my friend, don't give up u can fix this!
I had the car since 2007 from the dealer, never had any major repair or change to the car including the battery. I have check the voltage earlier. It was 11.4 voltage. I guess I'll try to get a Die Hard Gold from Sears tomorrow morning. Hope it's the battery, nothing else.

Do you know how much the fuel pump repair estimate will run me?
I'll keep you update on the situation. THANKS !!!
#7 Old 06-18-2012, 01:30 AM

as ur battery only coming in 5yrs give or take ur 07 was manufactured by July/Aug this should be ok....
check battery fluid if that's the old style battery
not to be a bearer of bad news
i think ur alternator have problem as well coz it might not charging ur battery back.

sorry i shud suggest this first try jump starting the car with another car suv like or truck prefer b4 buying new battery.
#8 Old 06-18-2012, 01:34 AM

i forgot to give u rough estimate on fuel pump repair
here in T.O. parts sell 2-3h coz of taxes then give or take an hour repair that will cost 99 to about 120 depending on car shop charges
totaling nearly not < 5h
#9 Old 06-18-2012, 04:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
From your description it is the battery. Low battery voltage will cause crazy things happen to cars electronics. A 5 year old battery on a murano has already lived it's useful life anyways. Replace it and you will be fine.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#10 Old 06-18-2012, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Low battery. Time for a change.

If your car behaves strangely afterwards, search for "battery re-learn" on this forum. Disconnection of the battery for more than a few minutes results in some memory loss from the systems and a re-learn process is required. (I'm a bit vague because I made sure to avoid this by making the switch in less than 5 minutes.)

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#11 Old 06-18-2012, 02:51 PM

Hi all, thank you for all your helps !!!
It turned out the battery was the issue. I had a new Die Hard Gold from Sears installed this morning and it starts right up after an hour of removing the old n waited for Sears to open.
All the radio stations, memory mirrors and seat are wiped-out. But that was easily can be reset.
Now the 2nd question is how do I know if I need to do the "re-learn" system step since most of the stuff has been wiped out???

This forum Rocks, thanks again guys!!

#12 Old 06-18-2012, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
IF you have a smooth sounding idling then you don't need it. Your tach needle should be steady. Battery disconnected for less than 1/2 hour I think is ok.
#13 Old 06-18-2012, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I ALWAYS replace a battery in the 3rd to 4th year. It's a $75 item and it saves a lot of headaches. You know the battery isn't going to last much longer than that, especially if you live in a climate like mine where it alternates from extremely hot to extremely cold. That is hard on a battery.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#14 Old 06-18-2012, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
I ALWAYS replace a battery in the 3rd to 4th year. It's a $75 item and it saves a lot of headaches. You know the battery isn't going to last much longer than that, especially if you live in a climate like mine where it alternates from extremely hot to extremely cold. That is hard on a battery.
Agreed, especially on the newer cars where the electronics depend on a certain voltage from the battery at all times. On my Prius a small 12 volt battery is used to maintain the electronics and it turns out to be the most headache causing item on the car leading to all sorts of codes when it drops in stored voltage.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#15 Old 06-20-2012, 12:19 PM

It's running smooth, just like it was before without any issue. Thanks guys!! :thumbup:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: