Its finally gone thank the LORD - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 29 Old 11-06-2012, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Its finally gone thank the LORD

Do you all remember the Murano with the bad habit thread? Well if ya do i finally got that piece of $!#@ out of my drive way and out of my wallet! Thank the LORD! And if this vid will work this is it what it was doing on a good day/ on a bad day it would smoke the whole neighbor hood up like a pile of leaves on fire! The MO's remind me of my ex-wife a blood & money sucking b#%$@! Im has happy as i was when the divorce was final. 1QT ever 250miles,and only got to monitor it after i got the $300 oil cooler fixed plus labor $68 not dealership either they cant get the tire pressure rite moreless fix a oil leak or oil pouring! Im guessing valve seals but not my problem now but i didnt pawn it off on a individual I GOT IT ON THE DEALER(NISSAN) LOL so good luck video wouldnt attach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 11-06-2012, 02:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyboy View Post
The MO's remind me of my ex-wife a blood & money sucking b#%$@! Im has happy as i was when the divorce was final.
LOL...that is funny...

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
post #3 of 29 Old 11-06-2012, 03:14 AM

I can totally relate man! My wife and I just unloaded our hunk of junk Murano on a dealer as well. I felt too guilty to try and sell that piece of junk out right. We had more problems than I care to list right now including having the motor replaced because it was burning oil. Fortunately, we had an ext. warranty that covered most of the issues we had but we still had to pay a $100 deductible each time it went in. Even with the warranty, I bet we still put $2K into it out of pocket over the course of the 2.5 years we owned it. So glad to be rid of that thing!!
post #4 of 29 Old 11-06-2012, 03:24 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Buying used cars is always a gamble.
post #5 of 29 Old 11-06-2012, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I can relate to how you guys feel about the Murano's constant problems,fortunately mine is almost paid off and I repaired everything that is a regular problem spot on the Murano, so my wife will drive it until the CVT warranty expires in 120K miles and we will trade it in for something else. Maybe a second gen Murano, if it do not have any hidden suprises after a few years of ownership like the first generation Murano had.

2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD Silver w/ Bose"Wife's"
-But I do all the work on it
K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Denso Power Iridium spark plugs IKH16 .4mm tip"Great MPG's and Power"
Shell Rotella T-6 5w-40 oil
Front Air Intake Delete
BF Goodrich Longtrail T/A Tour tires
2010 Volkswagen CC 3.6 VR6 "Mine"
post #6 of 29 Old 11-06-2012, 07:16 PM

I bought a used 2003 Murano in 2007 with 87k Km (54K Miles) Kept it until I bought my 2010 Murano new. I never had a single problem, only regular oil changes (synthetic) and each year I drove from Ontario to Colorado and Nevada. One year I even set out from Nevada to California but turned back when I saw the traffic.

After listening to you guys I think I may have been very lucky.
post #7 of 29 Old 11-06-2012, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I too was lucky. My MO has been very reliable.

Heeeeeeeeeeelarious read though. Fortunately I don't have to put up with the whole divorce thing.

After 142K miles, my MO is history. Now sporting a loaded silver 2012 Ford Edge Limited with 20" wheels.
post #8 of 29 Old 11-07-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AScot View Post
I bought a used 2003 Murano in 2007 with 87k Km (54K Miles) Kept it until I bought my 2010 Murano new. I never had a single problem, only regular oil changes (synthetic) and each year I drove from Ontario to Colorado and Nevada. One year I even set out from Nevada to California but turned back when I saw the traffic.

After listening to you guys I think I may have been very lucky.
You appear to be one of the few owners that got a trouble free Murano from the factory. But than again, maybe the previous owner of your old 03 Murano fixed the typical problem areas that your old 03 Murano had and out of frustration sold it to the dealership while it was still under warranty before you bought it. Either way, worked out good for you. Here is my question, " Did anyone buy a Murano new from the factory, and did not have any "major" problems during ownership before and after the factory warranty expired?"

K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Front Air Intake Delete
post #9 of 29 Old 11-09-2012, 08:56 PM

My wife got her 2007 from the dealer and we haven't had any issue with it. I did the routine oil n filter and air filter changes, replaced all four brake pads, new tires, and the engine belts (3) changed.
Only thing that broke is the passenger side mirror because some A-hole broke it a day before Halloween night. And one minor thing, even the dealer can't fix it. It squeal when we move from a start, after let go I'd the brake. Sounds like a duck under the hood.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
post #10 of 29 Old 11-09-2012, 08:57 PM

Oh, we have 68k miles on it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
post #11 of 29 Old 11-13-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy75 View Post
You appear to be one of the few owners that got a trouble free Murano from the factory. But than again, maybe the previous owner of your old 03 Murano fixed the typical problem areas that your old 03 Murano had and out of frustration sold it to the dealership while it was still under warranty before you bought it. Either way, worked out good for you. Here is my question, " Did anyone buy a Murano new from the factory, and did not have any "major" problems during ownership before and after the factory warranty expired?"
I still say those of us who bought our Muranos new and have had none of the `common' problems that a few people have reported here, are way more typical based on the number of Mos sold and still on the road. I bought my 04 SE new 10/04, and it has easily been the best car I've ever owned. Having just hit 105K miles, other than wear items - filters, oil (M1 oil and filter every 5-8K), antifreeze (once), brake pads (once), tires (once), a battery (Optima red top 4 years ago at 54K), wiper blades (twice), the 2 accessory belts (once), 3 minor exterior bulbs - all I've had fixed in 8 years are:

1. Rust inside both rear doors at the rubber moldings ($400),
2. One, outer tie rod end ($85),
3. front struts (recently, after one started losing fluid), $800 for struts, mounts and alignment,
4. the notorious Nissan exhaust flange ($90 to pipe), and
5. the 2 exhaust flex pipes ($300 to cut out the old ones and weld new ones in).

Other than the door rust (I feel a design flaw), all of these things are really wear items.

I've also replaced one mirror cover and 3 rear bumper covers - but those were all due to self induced damage.

I know I'll need plugs soon, but the car is still running great, is getting 19-21 mpg around town (more on the highway), and still looks great both in and out. I'm still on the original rotors and CVT, rear diff, transfer case, and brake fluids, and have had none of the reported broken seat, visor, electrical glitch, CD player, rattle, or oil consumption problems.

Again, I think I'm more typical than the few here who have reported problems.
post #12 of 29 Old 11-14-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafddur View Post
I still say those of us who bought our Muranos new and have had none of the `common' problems that a few people have reported here, are way more typical based on the number of Mos sold and still on the road. I bought my 04 SE new 10/04, and it has easily been the best car I've ever owned. Having just hit 105K miles, other than wear items - filters, oil (M1 oil and filter every 5-8K), antifreeze (once), brake pads (once), tires (once), a battery (Optima red top 4 years ago at 54K), wiper blades (twice), the 2 accessory belts (once), 3 minor exterior bulbs - all I've had fixed in 8 years are:

1. Rust inside both rear doors at the rubber moldings ($400),
2. One, outer tie rod end ($85),
3. front struts (recently, after one started losing fluid), $800 for struts, mounts and alignment,
4. the notorious Nissan exhaust flange ($90 to pipe), and
5. the 2 exhaust flex pipes ($300 to cut out the old ones and weld new ones in).

Other than the door rust (I feel a design flaw), all of these things are really wear items.

I've also replaced one mirror cover and 3 rear bumper covers - but those were all due to self induced damage.

I know I'll need plugs soon, but the car is still running great, is getting 19-21 mpg around town (more on the highway), and still looks great both in and out. I'm still on the original rotors and CVT, rear diff, transfer case, and brake fluids, and have had none of the reported broken seat, visor, electrical glitch, CD player, rattle, or oil consumption problems.

Again, I think I'm more typical than the few here who have reported problems.
I am glad that you have had a trouble free ownership of your Nissan Murano, but I will say more owners have had trouble with the problems that are particular to the Murano than not. I believe this because the Nissan service shops around here admit to fixing a broken seat frame atleast once a week or so here in my area, that is a lot of owners. The powersteering hose is also a common problem they repair here in my area. So, I believe that more owners have routine problems that not,but who knows I could be wrong and the Murano is a mostly trouble-free Nissan product that only troubles a small number of owners, unfortunately a group I happen to be part of. But, I never had to replace the front struts or exhaust parts, so maybe every Murano is different. And watch the seat frame, if your seat have side to side play in it or squeaks when turning, the frame could be cracked and it will be a matter of time. Trust me, My wife's seat used to have a little side to side play and I thought it only needed to be retighten, but the seat frame eventually broke completely.

K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Front Air Intake Delete
post #13 of 29 Old 11-15-2012, 10:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Niwdeciluom
Got my MO 06 SL AWD
at 81k
So far no major problem
Replaced:
1. Power Steering Hose upper
2. Steering wheel

3. Air hose intake recall
4. Brake Rotor & Pads
5. Brake Caliper LR (stuck up)
6. Lower Ball Joint
7. Exhaust Pipe (close to the second muffler)

I Love my Murano, I will drive it until the day it dies.

=======================
2006 SL Chardonnay
MRR- HR1 wheels 265/50/20
Notto SE HID-Kit Headlights
E&G 3D Classic Grill
Interior/Ext. Led Lightings
Invisible Bra
Stainless Window pillar
K&N Air Filter
Stop/Reverse Light Simulator
Brembo Caliper Cover
Weathertech Floor/Cargo Liners
B&I Steering Wheel, Dash Wooden Trim

Last edited by Niwdeciluom; 11-15-2012 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Image insert
post #14 of 29 Old 11-20-2012, 12:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bulletproof Mo

Bought mine new off the lot in 2004. 108K miles on it now. No problems to speak of, just regular maintenance. Been very fortunate.

2004 SL AWD
Glacier Pearl White
Leather
Tow Package
120,XXX miles
post #15 of 29 Old 11-20-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggijohn View Post
Bought mine new off the lot in 2004. 108K miles on it now. No problems to speak of, just regular maintenance. Been very fortunate.
Almost the exact same as with my SE that I bought new 10/04, John. I just hit 105K and have had almost zero problems (except for the slight rusting at the rear door seals, and tie rod end, front struts, and 2 minor exhaust repairs). And, let's face it, all but the rust were really wear items on a 7-8 year old car.

Though I'm sure you take good care of your Mo too, I still say you and I are FAR more typical among Murano owners than the few we see on this site with problems. We've discussed here a number of times before, that sites like these don't see a representative sample of owners of any particular make of car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: