2006 Murano Alarm Problems - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 11-22-2012, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2006 Murano Alarm Problems

Hey, New to the forum and have gone through quite a few threads to see if anyone else is having the same issue I am. Our 06 Murano SE seems to have a mind of its own. For around 2 days it has been saying the liftgate is open when is isn't, its closed definitely as isn't loose and doesn't clunk when driving. Also the intelligent key button refuses to lock all the doors consistently, probably due to the lifgate issue. I can lock the doors with our separate remote starter and then unlock with the intelligent key (this does cause the remote starter's alarm to go off) Now what is happening is that when we lock the door (wether using the manual key, remote starter or manually from inside and then closing the door) the Murano alarm goes off around 10-20 minutes later for whatever reason. I have tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it, this seemed to give control back to the intelligent key as I was able to lock and unlock the doors with the button on the door handle but the alarm still went off around 10 minutes later. Thoughts? Things to check out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-23-2012, 08:22 PM

35 views and no replies?
#3 Old 11-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Yours is an unusual problem which explains why you are not getting any responses.

The aftermarket remote starter is the wildcard. It makes diagnosis more difficult because we do not know how it interacts with the MO's systems. If it is readily accessible I suggest taking it out of the loop to see if it is the cause of the problem.

Are you on the original battery? If so, sometimes a weak battery can confuse the security system.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
#4 Old 11-24-2012, 02:59 PM

I agree that the remote starter is a bit of a wildcard. I am more convinced that the trunk latch is casuing the issue. As for the original battery I'm not 100% sure, we bought the vehicle with 97000 km's (roughly 60000 miles) on it and I don't recall if the battery was OE or not. I did clean out the latch today with a can of compressed air to hopefully remove any moisture and gave it a shot of electrical contact cleaner and then dried it out with the air again and so far the button on the door handle has been functioning and the trunk hasn't been showing open anymore.
#5 Old 11-24-2012, 03:53 PM

I would tend to agree with Joe that the battery is one thing you should definitely have checked.
#6 Old 11-24-2012, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
If it was working properly before, then the aftermarket starter should not be the problem.

Basic question is: what changed? Something had to change for the problem to occur.

Battery wear and declining performance is definitely possible, but I do think the trunk latch is a good possibility. If you can determine the "closed and locked" configuration of the electrical contacts in the latch, you could jumper the contacts to that state and eliminate uncertainty about the latch.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#7 Old 11-26-2012, 11:44 AM

Still no issue's after the cleaning, I will pick up a new battery just to be careful though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: