In need of new tires - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 11-25-2012, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In need of new tires

I am looking at getting new tires for my 2003 murano and want to see what people are using and or reccomend. Looking for somthing that will give a good smooth ride with best traction in wet and snow without getting snow tires.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-25-2012, 11:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
hi i have a 2011 and had a 2005 both muranos Love the cars. I now have the Michelin Latitude Tour.Great tire the best i have had thanks to the other good years going bad early. so nissen sent me to a dealer and it worked out great. I also had the cooper SV4 tire and it was okay. Lost 1 mile per gallon. The Michelin are great.Car is much quiter

MO-one-2005 With a Custom Fiberglass Box In The Tire well ,Directed Audio Amps, Mono 800 Watt And A 75x4 Amp.Sirius Radio,Pioneer Component Speakers, K-40 front and rear radar unit, Keep MOing around

MO-Two-2011- in Merlot and Black Inside with Nav. Have all my gear from the other one and will go into the new one soon. HIDs coming next week. The new one is just GREAT. 10/29/11
#3 Old 11-26-2012, 06:41 AM

Tires are so subjective that it is hard to recommend a tire based on personal driving habits and type of terrain, roads, etc. I have read fabulous reviews of tires that I used and were just dreadful, and vice versa. Here in WV where I live, I feel fortunate to get 25,000 - 30,000 out of any set of tires. Our roads are hilly, crooked, and not very smooth.

So just keep in mind that whatever is recommended will probably not work exactly the same on your car and for your type of driving.
#4 Old 11-26-2012, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
I suggest that you search for numerous tire reviews here - including in the [Tires and Wheels] forum - and read the reviews of various tires online at tirerack.com and discounttires.com. Lots of good info is available at your convenience.

If it's any help, I have been pleasantly surprised by the Firestone Destination LE tires (M+S rated) that had just been installed on my 07 Murano when I got it. Quiet, good traction even in Colorado snow country, and good handling. A couple of other forum members have commented positively on them as well.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#5 Old 12-05-2012, 09:06 PM

I have 4 - 20" Zinik Machined Silver Wheels and 265/50/20 Yokohama Parada Spec X (M+S rated) tires for sale. I have only had the tires for 5 months but they are the second set of the same brand and model of tires and they run great in the summer as well as the winter.
#6 Old 12-06-2012, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A tires on my 06' Murano. They work great on dry, wet, and icy roads. I was one of the only few people to be able to drive here in the south when it snowed a couple years back without sliding due to having the BF Long Trail tires on the Murano. The BF Long Trail tires had enough grip to help the Murano's AWD pull up ice cover hills with ease. However, The OEM Goodyear tires only kept slipping on the ice, hence the change.

2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD Silver w/ Bose"Wife's"
-But I do all the work on it
K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Denso Power Iridium spark plugs IKH16 .4mm tip"Great MPG's and Power"
Shell Rotella T-6 5w-40 oil
Front Air Intake Delete
BF Goodrich Longtrail T/A Tour tires
2010 Volkswagen CC 3.6 VR6 "Mine"
#7 Old 12-06-2012, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
Installed a set of Cooper CS4 Tourings after lots of rave reviews here. Great in the dry and rain, won't know about snow until we get some. Looking at the tread though I don't expect snow to be an issue. Seems aggressive enough for the slop without compromising the road biased nature of a car like the Murano. I used to run Dueler A/T's on my Expedition and that thing could break a trail for the snowplows but that much tire is probably overkill in this case.
#8 Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 AM

Gonna depend on your rims. OEM wheels will dictate not a lot of options for you.....Then you'll have to judge how much you want to pay...The decision will be forced....I ran Kumho Solus and they were /....meh......ok on dry, but wet/snow was scary....they didn't last ...good fuel efficiency.....OEM Goodyears were ok and lasted longer than my Kumhos....now I have Hanooks.....and they have yet to test snow, wet they seem ok I haven't hit to much wet roads yet....fuel efficency sucks though.....

'04 SE AWD sheer silver
BOSE package
aries nerf bars
drawtite hitch
K&N air filter
#9 Old 12-16-2012, 04:43 PM

I have yokohama parada spec x and i love thoose tires.. Good ride... No slippage on rain nor snow...........

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: