New Control Arm Failed after 6 months? - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 11-26-2012, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Control Arm Failed after 6 months?

I had both front lower control arms replaced in April. After a multi-point inspection at the dealership, they said one of the control arms had a bad bushing and was rubbing up against something. I do notice it when braking. But I just spent like 6 or 700 to have these replaced in April at a local shop, not the dealer. Do I have any recourse? How can this part fail in such a short time? I am going to go to the shop to see what they say, but I wanted to check here first. I am at my wits end with this 07' Murano. Something is always leaking or broken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-26-2012, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Check the receipt for the work done at the shop. It probably tells you what their warranty is on parts they supply. If not, call and ask.

You should also have the shop look at it...or have the dealership point out the problem to you with the car on a lift. Some dealerships are not above inventing problems to create business.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#3 Old 11-26-2012, 05:26 PM

Well the good news is that my mechanic says the work he did is under warranty. The bad news is he says he keeps seeing Muranos with these crappy front ends.
Control arm bushings are tearing almost yearly on peoples' cars. I don't have the energy to fight with Nissan over their subpar products. I'm selling this thing as soon as possible. It's a sinking ship.
#4 Old 11-26-2012, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul40269 View Post
Well the good news is that my mechanic says the work he did is under warranty. The bad news is he says he keeps seeing Muranos with these crappy front ends.
Control arm bushings are tearing almost yearly on peoples' cars. I don't have the energy to fight with Nissan over their subpar products. I'm selling this thing as soon as possible. It's a sinking ship.
Paul, I understand why you feel that way. It's funny how different the durability of some Muranos seems to be from others. However, I find it really hard to believe that control arm bushings are going out annually. No one has reported that here. If someone is having that problem, they must be off-roading the car.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#5 Old 11-27-2012, 09:34 AM

It's sad because my wife really loved this car. No more Nissan's for me. I will forever remember my beloved 99 max that I let go at 150k and was still going strong with never a major problem.
#6 Old 11-27-2012, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul40269 View Post
It's sad because my wife really loved this car. No more Nissan's for me. I will forever remember my beloved 99 max that I let go at 150k and was still going strong with never a major problem.
I believe a lot of these control arm bushing and other suspension problems may come from owners thinking their Murano's are built like trucks and speed over speed bumps without slowing down. My wife does that all the time. However, the Murano's suspension is not built beefy enough to handle that daily ,so the I believe that the suspension wears out faster than it should when owners do things like that. Just my opinion.

2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD Silver w/ Bose"Wife's"
-But I do all the work on it
K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Denso Power Iridium spark plugs IKH16 .4mm tip"Great MPG's and Power"
Shell Rotella T-6 5w-40 oil
Front Air Intake Delete
BF Goodrich Longtrail T/A Tour tires
2010 Volkswagen CC 3.6 VR6 "Mine"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread