Replaced the fuel dampers with no luck - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 11-27-2012, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Replaced the fuel dampers with no luck

So, I got home this evening and decided to tackle the dampers. Well I do have to say it was a easy job but to no evail. The ticking noise is still present with no change. I am lost for words. I think I need to find a good nissan mechanic in Toronto. If anyone can help me let me know. I was actualy thinking of picking up the Juke...... But this is the Worst car ever, I will never get another Nissan. My Honda CRV had 250000 km with no issues. Shame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-27-2012, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
I don't understand why people generalize from one car that has issues - and condemn a whole brand.

That's like never buying another Chevy because your 1972 Vega rusted out.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#3 Old 11-28-2012, 09:38 AM

Since I've joined this Forum I seem to read statements like this all the time. People have a problem then condem an entire brand. It's a tragic part of the Internet, folks can go off on rants over any issue they like, which doesn't necessarily reflect the overall quality of a product.
#4 Old 11-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
wj-

How did you initially determine it was the fuel dampers? Did you actually touch each damper to ascertain if the noise you were hearing coincided with the vibration you were feeling? That is what is called out in the service manual.

I suggest picking-up an automotive stethoscope at any auto parts store and use it to pinpoint the ticking noise.

Good luck.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
#5 Old 11-28-2012, 02:38 PM

Hi There

Its not that I want to Rant or Brand Bash. Its just my opinion. Since I have had this SUV I have had so many issues that either were not covered under warrenty or cost way to much to fix due to dealer mark up. Compared to other vechiles I have owned. Also When you need to visit 2-3 dealerships to get a answer to a problem as they either dont care or dont know. It like unless they can plug a pc into it and have it tell them what to fix its not broken. As per ny clicking noise I am told either its normal or its no problem. I actually dont drive it much as the sound drives me crazy. Just recently I had it in for some work and when the dealer gave it back I took a look at the engine bay and over 3/4 of the clips were missing. Answer I got was they were not there. So I went and bought new ones.

To answer NJJOE I used a automotive stethoscope and there was clicking or ticking noise present, checked again and it is still present so it may be providing feed back through them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: