User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 12-01-2012, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Headlight died

Hi,
I have 2004 Nissan Murano with Xenon lights. One of the headlight stopped working. I went to few shops but could not get the xenon lamp anywhere. From where can I get the bulb?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-02-2012, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Go to eBAY and search using the words "2004 Nissan Murano Xenon bulb, oem" or click on the links I provide below....
You will find what you need.

Click here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570=2004+Nissan+Murano+Xenon +bulb%2C+oem&_sacat=0&_from=R40

or here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

eeeee
#3 Old 12-07-2012, 04:57 PM

#4 Old 12-07-2012, 05:43 PM

If you replace just one, the headlights won't match in intensity or color. It will distract you as the driver and cosmetically it'll just look odd. Probably best to replace both. The MO takes D2S bulbs. Do not buy any kind of a "high color temperature" bulb. Any of the three major brands (Philips, Osram, GE) would be fine, though I've heard the GE D2S is arguably the best. You can buy a pair from a known-reliable vendor for under $70 here.

Be careful with eBay, Amazon and others. Unfortunately, there are a ton of counterfeit D2S bulbs floating around (some estimates as high as 80%) -- they're not easy to spot.
#5 Old 12-08-2012, 04:59 PM

Thanks a lot. I bought from the website you mentioned. Can you point me to the how to replace the bulb guide?
#6 Old 12-10-2012, 10:02 AM

The internet has a lot of cheap D2S HID bulbs for sale. I would buy a pair, like posted earlier, due to having a uniform light pattern from the same make of bulbs.However, the cheaper bulbs may not last as long as the OEM brand bulb, but the the cheap bulbs are like $30.00 or so each compared to the $100.00 or more each for the OEM bulbs. I bought three cheaper HID bulbs from Amazon as replacements for my OEM bulbs just in case they go out, which have not happened yet.

2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD Silver w/ Bose"Wife's"
-But I do all the work on it
K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Denso Power Iridium spark plugs IKH16 .4mm tip"Great MPG's and Power"
Shell Rotella T-6 5w-40 oil
Front Air Intake Delete
BF Goodrich Longtrail T/A Tour tires
2010 Volkswagen CC 3.6 VR6 "Mine"
#7 Old 12-10-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy75 View Post
However, the cheaper bulbs may not last as long as the OEM brand bulb
Unfortunately, expected lifespan is the least of your worries!

Counterfeits are made to maximize profit, with little or no regard to build quality, physical structure, performance, etc. For example, the outer glass tube of counterfeits don't have appropriate ultraviolet (UV) light filtration [because using UV-blocking quartz rather than plain glass would cut into profit]. Lacking proper UV filtration can damage (hazing, yellowing) your plastic headlight lenses and internal reflectors. Bulb structure is also compromised. In many counterfeits, the arc chamber (where the light comes from) is misshapen and/or off position front to back on the bulb length axis [because again, it's expensive to employ precise, computer-controlled machines]. Because arc chamber placement and position accuracy is extremely important (bulb geometry is specified with micrometer tolerances), anything outside of spec will destroy the safe, proper and approved light beam. Had these bulbs been manufactured by reputable companies, they would have been rejected by QC and destroyed. Etc., etc., etc...

Here's a link to a PDF comparing the physical differences between OE and knockoff bulbs. Any variance from OE means it's counterfeit.

Quote:
but the the cheap bulbs are like $30.00 or so each compared to the $100.00 or more each for the OEM bulbs.
The vendor I suggested earlier sells a pair of OE GE D2S bulbs for ~$70. I think the extra $10 is warranted!
#8 Old 12-10-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatty McPatty View Post
Unfortunately, expected lifespan is the least of your worries!

Counterfeits are made to maximize profit, with little or no regard to build quality, physical structure, performance, etc. For example, the outer glass tube of counterfeits don't have appropriate ultraviolet (UV) light filtration [because using UV-blocking quartz rather than plain glass would cut into profit]. Lacking proper UV filtration can damage (hazing, yellowing) your plastic headlight lenses and internal reflectors. Bulb structure is also compromised. In many counterfeits, the arc chamber (where the light comes from) is misshapen and/or off position front to back on the bulb length axis [because again, it's expensive to employ precise, computer-controlled machines]. Because arc chamber placement and position accuracy is extremely important (bulb geometry is specified with micrometer tolerances), anything outside of spec will destroy the safe, proper and approved light beam. Had these bulbs been manufactured by reputable companies, they would have been rejected by QC and destroyed. Etc., etc., etc...

Here's a link to a PDF comparing the physical differences between OE and knockoff bulbs. Any variance from OE means it's counterfeit.

The vendor I suggested earlier sells a pair of OE GE D2S bulbs for ~$70. I think the extra $10 is warranted!
The most problems a cheap HID bulb will give you is, at the worst, a bulb that fails early due to being cheaply made or a lower or higher light output that the OEM HID bulb. IN addition, the cheap HID bulbs may suffer from not having the proper mix of salts that give the xeon gas its color. Some of the cheaper bulbs do not have a uniform salt mixture somtimes, which will make one bulb a darker color than the other bulb or vise versa. Plus, $35 a bulb is a bit low for quality GE HID bulbs, who is your vender? P.S. your link is about spotting fake HID bulbs, not avoiding cheap HID bulbs.However, you get what you pay for, so a $150.00 HID bulb should be a better product that a $30.00 HID bulb, but if you are on a budget than the low cost option may be appealing.

K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Front Air Intake Delete
#9 Old 12-10-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Any variance from OE means it's counterfeit.
So you are saying that any part that is not built to OEM specs entirely is a counterfeit part? Well, I guess that Bosche, Wagner, and other part makers are dealing counterfeit parts at the local part stores because they sometimes improve upon the OEM specs on some parts. They are some good low cost HID bulb makers as well as some crappy HID bulb makers out there, like there are good aftermarket part makers and some crappy aftermaket part markers. So, you can not say that anyone that do not make OEM bulbs are a fake. Lower quality maybe, but not counterfeit.

K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Front Air Intake Delete
#10 Old 12-10-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
You are talking about conventional light bulbs. However, cheap HID bulbs has build quality issues as well. The cheap HID bulbs suffer from not having the proper mix of salts that give the xeon gas its color. Some of the cheaper bulbs do not have a uniform salt mixture somtimes, which will make one bulb a darker color than the other bulb or vise versa.
Huh? "Conventional" and "cheap" are not types or classes of HID bulbs.

Quote:
So you are saying that any part that is not built to OEM specs entirely is a counterfeit part? Well, I guess that Bosche, Wagner, and other part makers are dealing conterfeit parts at the local part stores. They are some good low cost HID bulb makers as well as some crappy HID bulb makers out there like their are good aftermarket part makers and some crappy aftermaket part makers. So, you can not say that anyone that do not make OEM bulbs are a fake.
You've misunderstood my posts so let me summarize; I simply suggested the OP purchase bulbs manufactured by one of the three major manufacturers of bulbs. I then warned that there are many bulbs sold on popular websites like eBay and Amazon, branded with names like GE, Philips and Osram, that are, in fact, not manufactured by those companies (e.g., counterfeit). I mentioned that counterfeits are hard to spot. To supplement that assertion, I provided a link to a document that compared the sometimes subtle differences between counterfeits and their originals. I provided examples of common issues found with counterfeit bulbs.

I never stated that bulbs offered by OE manufacturers are the only genuine bulbs available. Refer back to my initial suggestion; I recommended the OP purchase bulbs manufactured by the top (highest quality) bulb providers; GE, Philips and Osram. I made no mention of Bosche or Wagner or any other manufacturer, nor their respective products, because it didn't correlate with my initial suggestion (e.g., buy the best).
#11 Old 12-11-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Huh? "Conventional" and "cheap" are not types or classes of HID bulbs.

You've misunderstood my posts so let me summarize; I simply suggested the OP purchase bulbs manufactured by one of the three major manufacturers of bulbs. I then warned that there are many bulbs sold on popular websites like eBay and Amazon, branded with names like GE, Philips and Osram, that are, in fact, not manufactured by those companies (e.g., counterfeit). I mentioned that counterfeits are hard to spot. To supplement that assertion, I provided a link to a document that compared the sometimes subtle differences between counterfeits and their originals. I provided examples of common issues found with counterfeit bulbs.

I never stated that bulbs offered by OE manufacturers are the only genuine bulbs available. Refer back to my initial suggestion; I recommended the OP purchase bulbs manufactured by the top (highest quality) bulb providers; GE, Philips and Osram. I made no mention of Bosche or Wagner or any other manufacturer, nor their respective products, because it didn't correlate with my initial suggestion (e.g., buy the best).
I refer to cheap as not being as costly as the OEM replacement bulbs. To me cheap is $30.00 or so a HID bulb, compared to $150.00 a bulb if you go to a dealership. The supplier you mention has a good price on HID bulbs which are about $35.00 a HID bulb, so I would say he sells cheaper bulbs that the dealership or anyone else that sells OEM bulbs for over $100.00 a bulb. However, some HID bulbs being sold are low grade compared to more expensive bulbs, but will get the job done. But I like your recommended supplier's price on German made OEM HID bulbs.

K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Front Air Intake Delete

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread