LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 12-03-2012, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Wipers and HeadLight Bulbs

Hi All
Need of suggestions once again

i looked around and planning to buy the below set of wipers from Amazon.Reviews are ok but see lot of complaints about the squeaking noise .Is the below wiper recommended here

Bosch 4826 Evolution All-Season Bracketless Wiper Blade, 26"

and my headlights are something i hate with passion . I cannot even tell whether they are switched on or off as they are very dim.

What is suggested headlight bulbs which are reliable and bright

Thanks
Vamsi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Qat

Personally, I have not found a satisfactory aftermarket wiper. You can buy the Nissan factory wipers for about the same price

wipers from courteseyparts.com

Headlight bulbs is a dangerous question prone to kick off a near religious debate of epic proportions. I've had good success with Sylvania Silverstar Ultra - they've been running strong in my wife's Camry since mid 2009. Check out the following discussion for improved low-beams.

H11 to H9 bulb modification

2010 SL Tinted Bronze/Beige | Leather | Premium | 360°
LED DRLs | Interior LEDs | Aluminum Pedals | All Weather Mats & Cargo Liner | Fumoto Oil Drain Valve | Reese Hitch
#3 Old 12-04-2012, 12:49 PM

Will the nissan factory wipers be good for severe winters as well. and thanks for the headlight recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qat View Post
Personally, I have not found a satisfactory aftermarket wiper. You can buy the Nissan factory wipers for about the same price

wipers from courteseyparts.com

Headlight bulbs is a dangerous question prone to kick off a near religious debate of epic proportions. I've had good success with Sylvania Silverstar Ultra - they've been running strong in my wife's Camry since mid 2009. Check out the following discussion for improved low-beams.

H11 to H9 bulb modification
#4 Old 12-04-2012, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I've been using Bosch Icon wiper blades for a while after reading some threads recommending them. Been very happy with them. No noise or streaking they clean well and last me all year summer and winter

2009 LE Blue w/tan
Nav
Nissan LED DRLs
Stainless Bumper
Weathertechs
Hoen Fogs
Sickspeed Horns
Side Mirror Signals
#5 Old 12-04-2012, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
+1 on the Bosch Icon wipers blades. They work great with no streaking, plus the blades actually press against the windshield the faster you drive due to their aerodynamic design. I would use Silverstar headlight bulbs if you do not have HID bulbs.

2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD Silver w/ Bose"Wife's"
-But I do all the work on it
K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Denso Power Iridium spark plugs IKH16 .4mm tip"Great MPG's and Power"
Shell Rotella T-6 5w-40 oil
Front Air Intake Delete
BF Goodrich Longtrail T/A Tour tires
2010 Volkswagen CC 3.6 VR6 "Mine"
#6 Old 12-04-2012, 03:12 PM

I found
Bosch 26A ICON Wiper Blade, 26" (Pack of 1)"><font color=Bosch 26A ICON Wiper Blade, 26" (Pack of 1)" /> Bosch 26A ICON Wiper Blade, 26" (Pack of 1)">Bosch 26A ICON Wiper Blade, 26" (Pack of 1)
for @22.68 in amazon . Should i be buying 2 of them the same size or do i have to buy differant sizes for the left and right wiper

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky19 View Post
I've been using Bosch Icon wiper blades for a while after reading some threads recommending them. Been very happy with them. No noise or streaking they clean well and last me all year summer and winter

2009 LE Blue w/tan
Nav
Nissan LED DRLs
Stainless Bumper
Weathertechs
Hoen Fogs
Sickspeed Horns
Side Mirror Signals
#7 Old 12-04-2012, 03:18 PM

+1 on the Bosch Icons. On my 3rd set and they have all been great. Yes, the sizes are different left and right. Going from (old and faulty) memory the right side is an 18" while left is 26". I replace mine at the start of evry winter, whether needed or not. I'd rather be safe. Also use the Bosch on The Redheads Lexus and they have been superb.

2012 Infiniti FX 35 Midnight Mocha
2010 Lexus GS 350 AWD Smokey Granite Mica
2009 Murano LE Silver (gone)
2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Flint Mica (gone)
2005 Lexus RX 330 Thundercloud (gone)
2007 Lexus IS 250 AWD Flint Mica(gone)
2001 Lexus RX 300 (gone)

The Second Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security
#8 Old 12-04-2012, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_jim View Post
Hi All
and my headlights are something i hate with passion . I cannot even tell whether they are switched on or off as they are very dim.

What is suggested headlight bulbs which are reliable and bright
Unfortunately the H11 > H9 bulb swap mentioned by Qat is for 2nd Genners (2009+) only.

1st Gen MO's use antiquated 9007 bulbs combined with piss-poor optics. The 9007 reflector is inherently sloppy because it has to create beam patterns for both high and low beam filaments using a single reflector. Because bulb filament placement and position accuracy is super important (filament geometry is specified with micrometer tolerances), beam pattern focus just isn't as sharp as it should be. Anyway, it's a really bad design and one that automotive manufacturers are slowly moving away from (but that doesn't help you).

So make sure the headlamps are aimed properly following this guide.

Also make sure they're in good condition; if the lenses are at all clouded or fogged, you have a few options. Polish and recoat them (cheapest, bandaid approach), replace the assemblies with new Nissan assemblies (better) or follow others here and swap out the OE halogen assemblies with OE HID assemblies (best, most expensive).

But to answer your question, bulbs come in a range of luminous efficacy. The dimmest are long-life bulbs, the brightest are ultra-high efficacy bulbs (brighter but shorter lifespan). Philips Xtreme Power are the highest-intensity (up to 80% more light), best-focused 9007 on the market and only cost $31/pair. For more info, see here or here.
#9 Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I have Bosh Icon blades on my Explorer and like them a lot. But I don't think I'd use them on my Murano. When mine need replaced, I'm going with the OEM blades.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#10 Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_jim View Post
I found Bosch 26A ICON Wiper Blade, 26" (Pack of 1) for @22.68 in amazon . Should i be buying 2 of them the same size or do i have to buy differant sizes for the left and right wiper

Thanks

For the 2007 Murano, again 2007 Murano you need one Bosch Icon 26A, 26" for the driver's side front and a Bosch Icon 19A, 19" for the passenger side. Can be easily had at AutoZone. Oh, for the back wiper blade you would probably go with a "Trico Exact Fit" 14B, 14"wiper blade. Total price for all three approx. $56.00.

eeeee
#11 Old 12-05-2012, 01:52 PM

For those with a 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Murano that want to go with Bosch, you need the following. Note, you cannot get a 12" Bosch Icon for the back so go with Trico Exact Fit.
The following can be had at AutoZone. Total cost for all three is about $56.00+-.

Bosch Icon 26A, 26" for driver side

Bosch Icon 16A, 16" for passenger side

Trico Exact Fit 12B rear blade, 12" for rear

eeeee
#12 Old 12-05-2012, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Hey Bill, why the omittance of the 2009 year

2009 Le Blue w/tan
Nav
Nissan LED DRLs
Stainless Bumper
Weathertechs
Hoen Fogs
Sickspeed Horns
Side Mirror Signals
#13 Old 12-05-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky19 View Post
Hey Bill, why the omittance of the 2009 year
For those with a 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Murano that want to go with Bosch, you need the following. Note, you cannot get a 12" Bosch Icon for the back so go with Trico Exact Fit.
The following can be had at AutoZone. Total cost for all three is about $56.00+-.

Bosch Icon 26A, 26" for driver side

Bosch Icon 16A, 16" for passenger side

Trico Exact Fit 12B rear blade, 12" for rear

eeeee

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: