'05 Murano Brakes and Suspension Help - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 12-05-2012, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Post '05 Murano Brakes and Suspension Help

I am looking at making some changes to my '05 Murano SL AWD. Here is my current setup. Just about everything is stock on my vehicle except the wheels, brake pads and audio system. I am moving up from 20" wheels to 22" wheels and in the process of this change, I have thought about lowering the Murano as well. Does anyone have any ideas of the best options out there or experience you have with lowering applications (lowering springs and/or coilovers)???

I then started looking and also have seen some Big Brake Kits with colored calipers and now that has sparked my interest as well. Is this a good idea or just stick with OEM parts? Just like most people, I am not trying to cut corners but I am looking to get the most bang for my buck (best deals if possible that are legit places to deal with).

I just recently started doing some research on this but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-05-2012, 04:08 PM
lgt

Well a quality BBK can run $4000+. Unless it's engineered for your car you will need to dial it in with an adjustable proportioning valve or your braking distance could be worse than factory. You might even need to upgrade the master cylinder and booster too. Keep in mind that the weakest link with braking is usually tires so unless you do a lot of hard braking or towing a BBK won't help one bit.

post #3 of 4 Old 12-05-2012, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Good to know. Do you have any good/decent brands in mind for a BBK? I did find a coilover set made by Yellow Speed Racing for my Murano by a seller on ebay. There is someone on here that also recommended them so I was confident they were a good buy but we'll see once I get them installed and tested.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

I have decided to go with Yellow Speed Racing coilovers, I went with Hawk Performance Brake Pads, Callahan Full Caliper Assembly (powder coated red), and Advanced Brake Technology Drilled and Slotted Black Zinc Rotors. I hope to see a major improvement in my braking, ride quality and look of my Murano.

'05 Murano 3.5L SL AWD, Silver
Front Tint 35%
20" Zinik Z24 Machined Wheels
265/50/20 Yokohama Parada Spec X
Kenwood DNX9140 Navigation/Multimedia Receiver
2 - 12" JBL Power P1224 - Car subwoofer driver - 400 Watt
Soundstream STL1.1200D 1200-Watt Mono Block Power Amplifier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread