User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 12-09-2012, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is this cable for? In handrest center consule

Hi,

I have a 2004 MU from Japan. When I open the center hand-rest console I see a cable here. Any ideas for what this cable is for? I do not have an Ipod/Ipad so I didn't test it. Any tips?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-09-2012, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
its a Sharp GX-10 cable.
Can't be used with an ipod, etc. NissanMurano.org LOOK HERE LOL
post #3 of 7 Old 12-09-2012, 06:22 PM

I never managed to work out what that cable could do unfortunately - The Jap models had access to some Japanese only services via a mobile connection, I'm guessing the connection was using a Sharp Cell phone for the internet access. They offered searching for restaurants etc and a voice operator service for assistance.

If you are interested I did find a local (Christchurch) company that is importing WinCE based standalone GPS modules that support RGB output to the factory screen by connecting them instead of the factory GPS unit, they then put a touchscreen overlay infront of the factory screen so you can use a WINCE gps app with the built in screen. It works well but its not cheap, I got them to install that and a Parrot CK3000 and it was about $800 for both installed. Considering I found the Units in China for around $100USD, the overlay around $15 and the car kit is worth $100USD its a little steep but I wasn't confident that the units I found would output the right RGB signal, I didn't know the wiring etc so I decided to take the safe route and get them to do it. It was supplied with Igo 8 with NZ/Australia maps.

See About Sound Ltd 12V Experts for details
to see it running.

Current Electronics is the wholesale arm of About Sound and they list some installers nationwide.

The WinCE Nav software tends not to be as good as the likes of Tomtom or Garmin for New Zealand (EG sending me through hospital gounds instead of around roads!) but its nice having it all integrated into the Dash and the 7" Screen is awesome.

MobiusNZ (Matt)
2004 JDM Import Murano
post #4 of 7 Old 12-10-2012, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

RE

Thanks for the advise, post and youtube video. I will check the WinCE based standalone GPS.

@nas1r so If I plugin this phone, I can use the phone button on the steering wheel? So the Sharp GX10 enable the phone option in the car?
post #5 of 7 Old 01-15-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcacer View Post
Thanks for the advise, post and youtube video. I will check the WinCE based standalone GPS.

@nas1r so If I plugin this phone, I can use the phone button on the steering wheel? So the Sharp GX10 enable the phone option in the car?
No. I got a Sharp GX10 from Hong Kong (I am in NZ) and tried it with this connector.

When I push the phone button on the steering wheel it just says "Checking phone connection" then "The connection is not connected" (or something like that, I used Google Translate).

So that's a shame, it would have been nice to have

Gary
post #6 of 7 Old 01-17-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcacer View Post
Hi,

I have a 2004 MU from Japan. When I open the center
car navigation system hand-rest console I see a cable here. Any ideas for what this cable is for? I do not have an Ipod/Ipad so I didn't test it. Any tips?

Hello How much price do you paide of 2004 MU and what is your review about the product?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: