Considering buying 07 Murano SL with 94k miles - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 12-30-2012, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Considering buying 07 Murano SL with 94k miles

Hi all, obviously I am new here... I am considering buying a Murano for my wife but haven't ever had one or any Nissan before. The one I am looking at is a 2007 SL AWD with 93,000 miles. Most of the other cars we are looking at in the same price range are lower in mileage but don't have as many features as this car (moonroof, rear camera, dual zone a/c, aluminum wheels, AWD). We like the features, don't like the mileage obviously. The car is advertised for $13,900.

My main question is how long should I expect this to last and/or how much money should I be expecting to put in in repairs? How reliable are these?

It is a 2 owner vehicle, I have seen the carfax. It seems to be in very good shape inside and out. What questions should I be asking, what maintenance should have already been done, what would I need to do soon, etc. (for example I know with my Accord the timing belts have to be replaced around 80-90k miles).

I realize this is a broad open ended question but any assistance would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-30-2012, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Truthfully, I'd stay away from a 2007 with that many miles, especially since it's been through 2 owners. It should still be under the CVT warranty, unless that has already been replaced, but people with the first gen. MO have had transfer case issues that have not been covered under the extended warranty.

It's obviously a crap shoot. If you really want it, I would suggest getting it to a trusted mechanic to have it thoroughly checked out. The price seems low, but based on the mileage might be OK. I sold a 7 year old Maxima for $15,500 but I had a lot less miles.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
post #3 of 11 Old 12-31-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsfan828 View Post
my Accord the timing belts have to be replaced around 80-90k miles
no timing belt in MO to change - it's driven by a chain

Konrad
---
Murano SL AWD 2007 - 62k miles
Versa S 2007 - 48k miles
post #4 of 11 Old 12-31-2012, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would be wary and take it to a nissan dealership to be inspected and to run the VIN to see if the usual problems have been corrected before you buy it. At the dealership you can check the front seats for play by rocking it side to side, if it creaks or moves a little you may have a bad seat frame. Test drive it and listen for any sounds when moving that gets louder when you drive and less when you slow down, could be wheel bearings. Check the power steering fluid level in the tank under the hood, if it low or halfway full then it could be a bad powersteering hose. If these problems are fixed, then you should have a very reliable Murano to own. However, if you or Nissan can not find any records that show that these problem where fixed before, I would save a little extra money just in case, if you bought it.

2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD Silver w/ Bose"Wife's"
-But I do all the work on it
K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Denso Power Iridium spark plugs IKH16 .4mm tip"Great MPG's and Power"
Shell Rotella T-6 5w-40 oil
Front Air Intake Delete
BF Goodrich Longtrail T/A Tour tires
2010 Volkswagen CC 3.6 VR6 "Mine"
post #5 of 11 Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 PM

I am also looking for an SL 2005 06 or 07 if it is 2WD is their anything else I need to be awarw of and thank you, just joined today to try and inform myself before making a decision.
post #6 of 11 Old 01-05-2013, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Folks on here with FWD MOs need to confirm this, but I would think without the AWD and transfer case, and all the other parts and pieces that go with it, you will have a lot less problems.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
post #7 of 11 Old 01-06-2013, 12:59 PM

Thank you for your reply
post #8 of 11 Old 01-15-2013, 05:10 PM

Another question please

I am still in search for an 04 or 05 model but a friend of a friend who is a Nissian Master Tech has advised me to avoid the first generation due to a timing chain problem that is greatly expensice to replace also a problem with leaking valve covers, I did not get the chance to tlak to him direct so I am not sure if he is speaking of the first 2 years of production or the entire first generation. I have found a few good choices at Carmax here in Nashville but really cant afford this type of repair for a while. May I ask does this info seem accurate. Any help is much appreciated.
Larry
post #9 of 11 Old 01-15-2013, 08:36 PM

I bought my 07 two years ago with 94k on it for 15k.
It is not worth it my friend for many reasons. starting with the engine is relatively is noisy compared to another murano 07. fuel efficiency sucked after one year. check engine light came after a while for the O2 sensor and it is not easy to fix it.
Bottom line I should of bought I Camry instead.
Don't get me wrong, Murano is one of Nissan's strongest product. BUT again to buy a car with high mileage like mine is kind of a bad move.

Cheers,
Ross.
post #10 of 11 Old 01-16-2013, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
Folks on here with FWD MOs need to confirm this, but I would think without the AWD and transfer case, and all the other parts and pieces that go with it, you will have a lot less problems.
Yes the FWD will not have a transfer case to worry about, but it will be like having a neutered dog. The AWD system is one of the Murano's best features to have. Without it you will have an FWD only crossover, might as well buy an Altima in my opinion.

2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD Silver w/ Bose"Wife's"
-But I do all the work on it
K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Denso Power Iridium spark plugs IKH16 .4mm tip"Great MPG's and Power"
Shell Rotella T-6 5w-40 oil
Front Air Intake Delete
BF Goodrich Longtrail T/A Tour tires
2010 Volkswagen CC 3.6 VR6 "Mine"
post #11 of 11 Old 01-16-2013, 03:47 PM

My transmission guy said the transfer case can be damaged by mis-matched tires or different sized tires. Just something to look for...its a used vehicle, and people can do strange things.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: