User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#16 Old 01-07-2013, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Getting all of those little things fixed while it's under the warranty is key. Good job!
Yes I have a feeling the engine thing is an exhaust leak or fuel dampers. Will definitely get that taken care of by the selling dealer.

I have no clue on the squeal in the dash (Whistle / buzz from dash)... but they're going to check it out. I don't think that kind of stuff is covered under the seller's warranty.... but maybe I can threaten them with a return of they don't take care of it.

Inspection is scheduled for Wednesday at my Nissan dealership - i'll update you guys.

Thanks for all the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 01-07-2013, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
LOL...they most definitely don't want you to return the vehicle. They'll fix it.

After 142K miles, my MO is history. Now sporting a loaded silver 2012 Ford Edge Limited with 20" wheels.
#18 Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 PM

The Nissan dealer is going to charge me $90 to run through it and look at all the things I've noticed. I figure that's pretty cheap if they do find something... If they don't... Then it's cheap insurance that we got a good one! :-)

I'll report back.
#19 Old 01-09-2013, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did the one oyu bought have a salvaged title? One thing not mentioned fo future reference is insurance on a rebuilt title. How will that be affected?
#20 Old 01-09-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woossh View Post
Did the one oyu bought have a salvaged title? One thing not mentioned fo future reference is insurance on a rebuilt title. How will that be affected?
No I didn't. Got one with a clean title.
#21 Old 01-09-2013, 12:36 PM

Here's the report from Nissan dealer:

-Lights. The left ballast is bad. $650 for them to fix. I think I can get the part for $20 from DDM?
-Leak in the engine oil cooler. $138 for them to fix.
-Left front wheel bearing is shot. Right isn't in the best shape. $485 per side! OUCH.

I'm going to bring it all back to the selling dealership and try to get them to nut up and fix most - if not all of it. Their warranty is for mechanical only... so i'm not sure on the ballast. Seriously... who thinks to check the lights when you're buying a car during the day! lol
#22 Old 01-10-2013, 12:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
Here's the report from Nissan dealer:

-Lights. The left ballast is bad. $650 for them to fix. I think I can get the part for $20 from DDM?
-Leak in the engine oil cooler. $138 for them to fix.
-Left front wheel bearing is shot. Right isn't in the best shape. $485 per side! OUCH.

I'm going to bring it all back to the selling dealership and try to get them to nut up and fix most - if not all of it. Their warranty is for mechanical only... so i'm not sure on the ballast. Seriously... who thinks to check the lights when you're buying a car during the day! lol
Then get them on false advertising. The website said it had HID headlamps (notice the s on headlamps.. not HID headlamp) It was listed under the features

I am assuming you got this one?

They also said it was in impressive condition. $1750 in repairs is real impressive!

2010 Murano SL AWD
#23 Old 01-10-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman311 View Post
Then get them on false advertising. The website said it had HID headlamps (notice the s on headlamps.. not HID headlamp) It was listed under the features

I am assuming you got this one?

They also said it was in impressive condition. $1750 in repairs is real impressive!
lol - that's right! I called them yesterday after the final report was in - and they were surprisingly cooperative. I'm running it up there Friday when they will check it out for themselves. They want to confirm the issues before they order parts. Which sucks for me - two trips way out of the way. But, as long as they fix it up, I don't really mind.

The owner gave a number like "And you took delivery of the vehicle? hmmmm.... well none of these are actually covered by the warranty, but since you just bought it we will take a look."

It's odd - they did a full written inspection on the vehicle. Either the tech that did the inspection was a 17 year old kid, or they tried to pull a fast one. I don't really know.

I just want to get this baby back to 100%. My wife and I sure like the vehicle as a whole. I still feel the engine is loud - but the Nissan tech didn't think so. It's certainly louder than other Murano's we test drove. I'll have to check out the fuel dampers.
#24 Old 01-10-2013, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Personally, I'd keep shopping considering the car is making as as-yet-undiagnosed noise and already needs almost $2K in repairs. I haven't spent that much total in mechanical (ie non body, most self induced) work on my 04 SE since buying it over 8 years and 105K+ miles ago. And I still have zero noises anywhere on the car.

But then, coming from a cadillac, even needing all that work the Mo probably still is lights years more car for you. Keep us informed.
#25 Old 01-13-2013, 09:35 AM

Well the main tech guy (from the dealership I purchased from) inspected the car and seemed to agree with pretty much everything the Nissan dealer noted... but was going to have to talk to the owner before he took any action. I'll hear back next week.

Myself - 2012 Frontier SV Quad 4x4
Wife - 2005 Murano SL AWD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: