Metra Stereo Kit - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 01-04-2013, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Metra Stereo Kit

Has anyone installed this or is planning on installing stereo kit in their 2003-2007 mo??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-04-2013, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
There are a couple threads already made. Try the search.

DDIN Install With Metra Brushed Aluminum Kit!

DDIN Radio Replacement kit for 2003-2007 Murano

2007 Nissan Murano SL - Platinum
| Nav | Backup Cam | HID | Bose | Leather | Tint | K&N Filter | Custom CF Grille | 22" KMC's on Nitto's | H&R Springs |

#3 Old 01-05-2013, 12:55 AM

Thank you. I will be getting the silver one. I have a 2004 Mo with the factory Bose system (non navi). Should I order the 70-7550 harness or 70-7551? And is there any other Items I need as the youtube guy mentioned an antenna adapter. So happy to see this kit finally being released as the stock stereo keeps on skipping when it's cold.
#4 Old 01-10-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
Thank you. I will be getting the silver one. I have a 2004 Mo with the factory Bose system (non navi). Should I order the 70-7550 harness or 70-7551? And is there any other Items I need as the youtube guy mentioned an antenna adapter. So happy to see this kit finally being released as the stock stereo keeps on skipping when it's cold.
In the video, the guys states that the kit needs the 70-7550 harness. So, you should be good if the guy on the Metra video is correct if you buy the 70-7550. I will be buying the kit soon and installing NAV in my wife's Murano.

2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD Silver w/ Bose"Wife's"
-But I do all the work on it
K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Denso Power Iridium spark plugs IKH16 .4mm tip"Great MPG's and Power"
Shell Rotella T-6 5w-40 oil
Front Air Intake Delete
BF Goodrich Longtrail T/A Tour tires
2010 Volkswagen CC 3.6 VR6 "Mine"
#5 Old 01-12-2013, 01:47 AM

I have not installed it yet.
#6 Old 01-17-2013, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuranoDriver View Post
There are a couple car navigation system threads already made. Try the search.
That looks amazing never seen before. From where I could purchase it?
#7 Old 01-17-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urnnton View Post
That looks amazing never seen before. From where I could purchase it?
Metra only sells to dealers apparently. Crutchfield has it available for pre-order. It costs as much as a radio. $275 for the black finish and $295 for silver. Ouch!

Nissan Murano Factory Integration Adapter (Aluminum finish) Lets you install a new double-DIN receiver in your 2003-07 Nissan Murano at Crutchfield.com
#8 Old 01-18-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej_pez View Post
Metra only sells to dealers apparently. Crutchfield has it available for pre-order. It costs as much as a radio. $275 for the black finish and $295 for silver. Ouch!

Nissan Murano Factory Integration Adapter (Aluminum finish) Lets you install a new double-DIN receiver in your 2003-07 Nissan Murano at Crutchfield.com
Try this online store. I have bought a number of speakers from here over the years. They sell the silver kit for $249. I used to order from Crutchfield until I found this on-line store. I still like Cructhfield installation kits better, but this store has cheaper prices on most of the same products.
(Page 3) Metra Dash Kits | Car Stereo Installation & Accessories | Car Audio/Video Installation & Accessories | Car Audio, Video & GPS at Sonic Electronix

2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD Silver w/ Bose"Wife's"
-But I do all the work on it
K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Denso Power Iridium spark plugs IKH16 .4mm tip"Great MPG's and Power"
Shell Rotella T-6 5w-40 oil
Front Air Intake Delete
BF Goodrich Longtrail T/A Tour tires
2010 Volkswagen CC 3.6 VR6 "Mine"
#9 Old 01-18-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy75 View Post
Try this online store. I have bought a number of speakers from here over the years. They sell the sliver kit for $249. I used to order from Crutchfield until I found this on-line store. I still like Cructhfield installation kits better, but this store has cheaper prices on most of the same products.
(Page 3) Metra Dash Kits | Car Stereo Installation & Accessories | Car Audio/Video Installation & Accessories | Car Audio, Video & GPS at Sonic Electronix
Thanks for the info. I don't think I will rush out to do anything until I start seeing some reviews on this product. The stereo in my 03 went to hell over time and I finally broke down and sent it out to have it refurbished. Been at least a year if not more and everything still seems to be working fine. Still...finally having an option to replace the proprietary system with one of my choosing could make me hold on to my 03 even longer.
#10 Old 01-19-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
Slyk, I ordered one a few weeks ago for my '05 Murano. I am having it installed by an authorized dealer in less than a week. I too got the silver one to match the interior trim. I can't wait to have some sleekness back and get rid of the custom made housings they made for the Kenwood unit I have and where they moved the information center at. I will try to keep you all up to date with how it went and if it's worth the hassle.

'05 Murano 3.5L SL AWD, Silver
Front Tint 35%
20" Zinik Z24 Machined Wheels
265/50/20 Yokohama Parada Spec X
Kenwood DNX9140 Navigation/Multimedia Receiver
2 - 12" JBL Power P1224 - Car subwoofer driver - 400 Watt
Soundstream STL1.1200D 1200-Watt Mono Block Power Amplifier
#11 Old 01-23-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfighter330 View Post
Slyk, I ordered one a few weeks ago for my '05 Murano. I am having it installed by an authorized dealer in less than a week. I too got the silver one to match the interior trim. I can't wait to have some sleekness back and get rid of the custom made housings they made for the Kenwood unit I have and where they moved the information center at. I will try to keep you all up to date with how it went and if it's worth the hassle.
Awesome! Looking forward to some pics.
I ordered one on ebay should be arriving sometime this week. Grabbing the AVIC-X940BT Futureshop/bestbuy has it on sale for $599.99 ($271 OFF sale ends on the 24th).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: