My cd player/changer stopped working. - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My cd player/changer stopped working.

My two year old son inserted a penny inside the cassette player and I took it out when I noticed a day or two after. Now the player stopped working. It will play the cd and change the disks and the radio is working fine but there is no sound coming out of the speakers.

I took the player out when I got the penny out but while the player is out the car won’t start!! I would try to start the car but nothing happens other than the starter is spinning the engine but the engine won’t start.

All I want is to take it out so I can give it to someone to fix it but that means I wouldn't be able to drive the car, CRAZY.

Any advice on what might happened to it and why the car won’t start when it is not connected and how to get it to start while the player is taken off??

Cheers,
Ross.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-14-2013, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
That is strange. It has been a while but I think I remember on one occasion I drove my MO without the radio in it. It maybe that your anti theft system is kicking in and preventing ignition. Try resetting the system by closing all the doors and windows and then locking and unlocking with the physical key.

By the way, are you talking about just the CD player out, or the whole HU out?

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#3 Old 01-15-2013, 01:41 AM

I will try your way this weekend. I was trying to take out the whole HU not only the cd player. since I have no idea what's wrong with it.
#4 Old 01-15-2013, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sounds like the Murano must have the HU unit in it to start. Try installing the HU in the Murano without the tape player if possible. Strange, it should crank at least and flash an engine light even without the HU. That will sucks if someone steals your radio and then leave you stranded. I believe that is not a logical way for Nissan to engineer that security system. Maybe something else went wrong besides the radio.

2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD Silver w/ Bose"Wife's"
-But I do all the work on it
K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Denso Power Iridium spark plugs IKH16 .4mm tip"Great MPG's and Power"
Shell Rotella T-6 5w-40 oil
Front Air Intake Delete
BF Goodrich Longtrail T/A Tour tires
2010 Volkswagen CC 3.6 VR6 "Mine"
#5 Old 01-15-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy75 View Post
Strange, it should crank at least and flash an engine light even without the HU.
It does. OP states car cranks but does not start.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#6 Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 PM

Yeah, I know it is strange of Nissan to engineer the security system like this. but I will try taking it out and locking and unlocking the car and see if it will start.
#7 Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebelkhan View Post
It does. OP states car cranks but does not start.
By crank, I mean that the engine has turned over and started-up. By the way. the original poster says it tries to start, not that it cranks. Get your facts straight before you comment on someone else's post. However, cranking and trying to start are one in the same. I usually say that the engine is trying to turn over and use the word crank to mean an engine has started.

K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Front Air Intake Delete
#8 Old 01-16-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy75 View Post
...Get your facts straight before you comment on someone else's post...
LOL. By definition crank means turning it over. It does not matter if it "catches" and wants to start or not. It is a leftover term from the days when engines needed to be cranked by hand to be started. So when OP says it turns, it means it cranks!

Don't believe me? CLICK HERE

#9 Old 01-16-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Yeah, I know it is strange of Nissan to engineer the security system like this. but I will try taking it out and locking and unlocking the car and see if it will start.
I don't think the two are designed to be related. However in your case removing the HU somehow seems to trip the immobilizer system. I am not saying that is in fact what is happening, but if is certainly acting that way so it is worth a shot.

#10 Old 01-18-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebelkhan View Post
LOL. By definition crank means turning it over. It does not matter if it "catches" and wants to start or not. It is a leftover term from the days when engines needed to be cranked by hand to be started. So when OP says it turns, it means it cranks!

Don't believe me? CLICK HERE
I did not ask what the old school definition is, I knew that already. I was referring to how I and some other people that I know use it. Right or wrong. Some people say crank it up-hence start it up. But, a lot of people use words in ways that it is not intended, I guess I am one of those people when it comes the word crank.However, I stand corrected. The OP did state that the starter was spinning the engine, so I concede.

K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Front Air Intake Delete

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread