User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 01-23-2013, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
improve fuel and hp on a MO 2009?

What do you guys think of this?
Performance Chip Gas Fuel Saver All Nissan Vehicle Models 1986 2013 Power | eBay

The same seller offers it for the 2009 MO as well (different ad) I wonder what you think of the possibility of it even working?

If I understand the MPG meter thing in the dash it says I average 13MPG on my MO. It's only got 43600 miles on it and I don't drive it like a race car, I also ran the STP complete system cleaner through it a few times and nothing really has improved and my Garmin doesn't show any errors (I have the bluetooth plugin).

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-23-2013, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
save your money...only thing it help is empty your wallet

2012 SL AWD w/ Nav, Pearl White |OEM Rear Bumper Plate | OEM Infiniti JX35 20" Wheels | OEM LED DRL | 3M PPF/Clear Bra
#3 Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I second that!

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#4 Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
That is nothing but a scam and nothing more than a plain resistor that does zip to the car. The seller has just found an easy way to make lot of money...to the point where if he sold 10 and 9 of them were returned, he STILL made a profit (I seen the ebay one before. We had hundreds of them in electronics class back in high school) I really dont know how you are getting 13mpg though... unless you have a really heavy foot or an issue with your fuel system for example.
#5 Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srT4URBO View Post
That is nothing but a scam and nothing more than a plain resistor that does zip to the car. The seller has just found an easy way to make lot of money...to the point where if he sold 10 and 9 of them were returned, he STILL made a profit (I seen the ebay one before. We had hundreds of them in electronics class back in high school) I really dont know how you are getting 13mpg though... unless you have a really heavy foot or an issue with your fuel system for example.
I will have to double check what the numbers are on the dash tonight and will update this thread again. But no I am drive with a lead foot, I have a Garmin with the bluetooth connection part that plugs into the computer port on my MO. I stick around the green leaf 90% of them, the rest is mostly hills and such, when I do distant driving I am always using the cruse control to save on fuel as well.
#6 Old 01-24-2013, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I think to get a real accurate reading I would personally calculate the amount myself. Between two seperate gas fill-ups.
#7 Old 01-24-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srT4URBO View Post
Okay so when I cycle through my display settings I get these numbers:

l/100km: 12.3
km/h: 38.9

I have never burned my gas down to E before but but closet I have gotten to it is about 410km on the trip meter which I know doesn't include idle times.

Is this normal?
#8 Old 01-24-2013, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Pure snake oil.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread