LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2003-2007 Murano

Hey guys, I am in the market for a second hand Nissan Murano
Probably 04/05 model

I see that they are going for around 10-13,000 online (seems reasonable for a second car)

Just wanna gather some feedback, which years had changes for the vehicle ?
And were there are major things to look out for with this crossover ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-24-2013, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just went through the same process recently and I can say I drove an 04, then drove an 07, and the 07 felt tighter overall. Better throttle response, steering feel, suspension setup, and fit/finish tweaks. Not sure exactly when those changes were made, but the model was definitely meaningfully refined somewhere between there.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would go with a first generation murano that is an 2006 or 2007 model as opposed to the 2003-2005 models due to improvements made between early production models and the 2006 models and newer models. I believe that it is not wise to buy the first three model years of any new model cars, because the automakers are still working out the bugs in the new model if they do not drop the model altogether.

2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD Silver w/ Bose"Wife's"
-But I do all the work on it
K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Denso Power Iridium spark plugs IKH16 .4mm tip"Great MPG's and Power"
Shell Rotella T-6 5w-40 oil
Front Air Intake Delete
BF Goodrich Longtrail T/A Tour tires
2010 Volkswagen CC 3.6 VR6 "Mine"
post #4 of 8 Old 01-24-2013, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
The price differences really aren't that much between on 05 and 07. I'd look for an 06 or 07 just for the CVT warranty alone.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-24-2013, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses, so it seems the concensus is to get something at least 2005 and hopefully maybe 2006 and 2007
Whats the fuel economy in the real world for this ?
Like how many KM (im canadian) or miles per tank ? and how big is the tank. Do you guys put premium in it ?
post #6 of 8 Old 01-24-2013, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///N54 View Post
Thanks for the responses, so it seems the concensus is to get something at least 2005 and hopefully maybe 2006 and 2007
Whats the fuel economy in the real world for this ?
Like how many KM (im canadian) or miles per tank ? and how big is the tank. Do you guys put premium in it ?
I have an 09 US MO and live in Ontario. I used to use 87 octane gas but found it made my MO a bit sluggish, so I switched to 89 which the manual recommends as the bare minimum.

You might also want to run some STP complete fuel system cleaner through whatever MO you get, at least 3 or 4 times (that's 3 or 4 full ups). I did that with my 09.

You want to look at the US standard for MPG and not the Canadian numbers, here in Canada the reglatory body doesn't account for anything when asking the manufactures for their L/100km city/highway numbers unlike in the US who asks them to account for hills, the a/c being on, the windows being rolled own, etc. Europe still has the highest standards...so even the though the US numbers aren't 100% accurate they are going to be closer to what you will get than using the Canadian numbers.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-24-2013, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothrunnings View Post
I have an 09 US MO and live in Ontario. I used to use 87 octane gas but found it made my MO a bit sluggish, so I switched to 89 which the manual recommends as the bare minimum.

You might also want to run some STP complete fuel system cleaner through whatever MO you get, at least 3 or 4 times (that's 3 or 4 full ups). I did that with my 09.

You want to look at the US standard for MPG and not the Canadian numbers, here in Canada the reglatory body doesn't account for anything when asking the manufactures for their L/100km city/highway numbers unlike in the US who asks them to account for hills, the a/c being on, the windows being rolled own, etc. Europe still has the highest standards...so even the though the US numbers aren't 100% accurate they are going to be closer to what you will get than using the Canadian numbers.

Ahhh, I see I see
So how much is it to fill up and generally how many km to get out of a tank ?
post #8 of 8 Old 01-30-2013, 05:00 AM

I live in Vancouver and I have 2006 murano sl. I usually get 450-500km on full tank. This is mostly city.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: