Hesitates when driving - Desperate help!!! - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 01-30-2013, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unhappy Hesitates when driving - Desperate help!!!

Hi guys!

This 2003 mo began with the hesitation issue after changing a faulty camshaft position sensor bank 1. After that 2 days later i noticed it hesitates when acceleration from a stop light and really bad when trying to climb (incline) on the street...took it to the dealer, the believed was the tranny and it did threw a code that said the tranny need replacement. The dealer replaced it and they thought this will correct the issue..but NOT! They cleaned the throttle body, air filter, changed oil filter, did the idle relearn, a new relearn because they thought after cleaning the throttle that will help...but NOT! Run the mo with the technician and he noted the symptomp and saw the rpms between 1k and 2k jumping when the symptomp shows....

Nobody from the dealer seems to know...i have read that my issue could be resolved by:
1. Maf sensor cleaning
2. Re adjust the air intake ducts (it has the recall made while i have this issue and didn't seem to work)to make sure no air leak is present
3. Change the spark plugs
4. Change spark plugs electric circuit....don't know really...

What else?? My imagination is flying with this!

My mind is telling me...change the camshaft sensor with a new one to see...it has a original based on the tech that did this replacement (not from the dealer)

I read in another post that a non original camshaft sensor bank 1 may cause a behavior like this...WHAT SHOULD I DO? I have a new Transmission (paid by Nissan) at least my pocket did not suffer this $$k!

Please, i have a little son and don't want to use with him inside, i'm scared!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Don't know what to tell you but if all of this started after changing the camshaft sensor, the first thing I would have done would have been to replace it. Much cheaper and much easier than everything else that has been to the mo, and even makes sense too! So that is what I recommend now...

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#3 Old 01-30-2013, 08:12 PM

Thanks zebelkhan!!

I think i'll do that. From Nissan dealer that sensor cost $116 + 7% tax. The tech that bought the sensor and replaced it told me the cost was $106 ( with tax included) and labor of replacement was $25 box...that cost tells me it could not be an original one...but the mech told me it is...don't know...this problem began after that replacement...
#4 Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Do you still have the old/original sensor? Its a good habit to always get the replaced/old part back. If you do, you can compare it or even put back the old one just to see if the hesitation disappears. But if its gone, then I'm with you guys into getting a new oem sensor. You can first compare the oem you are getting to the part that is currently there before installing it. Good luck. What is your odo reading? 105K for spark plug change.
#5 Old 01-31-2013, 05:03 AM

Nitely:
My mo has just 60k !!! , so the spark plugs change is not recommended now, right??

I don't have the old one but if I had it maybe i couldn't use it so well. That one cause my mo to shutt of in the middle of the highway! Thanks God i didn't have an accident...

If the oem sensor that i'm gonna buy does not correct my issue i will cry. Buying the sensor twice...

If i go to the dealer....do you know if they can put other sensor to see if that corrects the issue and if is not they can take it back (as part of the the diagnosis)....????
#6 Old 01-31-2013, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Hesitates when driving - Desperate help!!!

$106 instead of $116 could still be OEM. How long has it been since you replaced the sensor? Maybe it is still under warranty?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#7 Old 01-31-2013, 02:03 PM

Indy shops usually gives 3 month warranty or so. A new camshaft and crankshaft sensor is cheaper online. Look here....http://wwrw.nissanpartszone.com/comp...or-221-61.html You will never know if its oem or not until you pull that sucker out. How much do you trust this guy? You've heard the saying....."trust, but verify". Good luck.
#8 Old 01-31-2013, 02:09 PM

Hi nitely!

Its been 4 month since the replacement...i'm so desperate that i will buy it and replace it! I can trust the guy but maybe the source where he got it...no..

I'l keep you posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitely View Post
Indy shops usually gives 3 month warranty or so. A new camshaft and crankshaft sensor is cheaper online. Look here....http://wwrw.nissanpartszone.com/comp...or-221-61.html You will never know if its oem or not until you put that sucker out. How much do you trust this guy? You've heard the saying....."trust, but verify". Good luck.
#9 Old 01-31-2013, 02:28 PM

Are you getting any codes now and is it still driveable?
#10 Old 02-01-2013, 06:08 PM

No ses, no codes and "driveable", i've been using it to go to work, but the jumping thing is so annoying and I think is gonna shut off or something...don't know. Most noticeable is when climbing and from a stop light where you require to have power to move quick if you wanna pass a lane....so bad so sad...

Could it be an air leak in the ducts????

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: