Nissan Murano Forum banner

Clear lenses added to HID projectors.

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  srT4URBO 
#1 ·
Although I have been doing various headlight retrofits for other vehicles, I've decided to finally improve the lighting output/quality on my '04 SE Murano. Most of you may not know, but the Murano projectors are known to be one of the best OEM projectors out there. After recently replacing my factory bulbs, I've decided to pull apart the headlights and add a set of clear lenses + additional projector lens spacers. This improves light output, creates sharper cutoff and gives ability to add additional color hidden behind the OEM fresnel lens.

Although I have improved the lighting by a ton, I am still looking to clear up my outer headlight lenses, which aren't in their greatest shape (some sanding and detailing will also be done to those). I will provide a picture of the output: on a stock fresnel lens, with clear lens + spacers added and what they should look like if the actual outter headlight lens was in mint shape with no aging and/or scratches.

STOCK FRESNEL lens: (NOTE: this was after the upgraded bulbs to Morimoto XB 4500K's...which already showed improvement over the factory Philips bulbs... so imagine the lower output before).

CLEAR LENS upgrade: (includes lens spacers for sharpness and color at cutoff).

PROJECTOR ONLY: (what it would/should look like if my outter headlight lens was in mint condition. Maybe I'll get it there after some good cleaning and sanding).

Anyways, it's well worth it! A bit of work as always with retrofitting, but the outcome is night and day difference. I'm waiting to detail my outter headlight lenses this weekend (possibly) and hopefully improve it a bit more.

You can always PM me if you'd like something like this done...but the headlights would obviously have to be out for a bit. Also, there are plenty of options for those of you that don't have factory HID Xenon lights in your vehicles. Either way, I enjoy putting in the time for the awesome results, and thought I'd share this with you guys/gals on here.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.