User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 02-18-2013, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Right Speakers stopped working

Hi All,

I am having a strange issue on my MO, for some reason the left speakers (rear and front) stopped working, actually they do work but is very hard to hear them, if set the balance to the right I can hear the music but very very soft.

I checked the radio setting to see if someone changed the balance or something, but no, everything seems fine. I also checked fusses and they are all fine, checked cables on the speakers and again, everything is fine.

Any thoughts? Any other thing I can check?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-19-2013, 10:43 AM

Anyone?
#3 Old 02-19-2013, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but maybe your Bose amp or non-Bose radio amp is going out. Do you have a Bose system or non-Bose system? Either way you can now use an aftermarket radio in your dash because Metra makes a radio kit for the Murano w/o Navigation controls. So if your radio or amp is bad, you could replace your head unit with a aftermaket radio for about half the price of a new factory radio or Bose amp. The Metra kit costs about $230 dollars + radio costs, however Nissan charges about $900 for the factory radio and about $500-700 for the Bose amp so you will still save money by going with the Metra kit and aftermarket radio.

2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD Silver w/ Bose"Wife's"
-But I do all the work on it
K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Denso Power Iridium spark plugs IKH16 .4mm tip"Great MPG's and Power"
Shell Rotella T-6 5w-40 oil
Front Air Intake Delete
BF Goodrich Longtrail T/A Tour tires
2010 Volkswagen CC 3.6 VR6 "Mine"
#4 Old 02-21-2013, 01:28 AM

look on ebay.
#5 Old 02-21-2013, 12:34 PM

Is a Bose System.

So, you think is the amp, anyway I can test it before purchase a new one?
#6 Old 02-22-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDSM View Post
Is a Bose System.

So, you think is the amp, anyway I can test it before purchase a new one?
What is your level of electrical knowledge? Have you ever installed your own car stereo before? I am asking this for a reason, not to be mean. Your anwsers will help me help you.

K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Front Air Intake Delete
#7 Old 02-25-2013, 05:24 PM

I have installed a radio before and I can follow some instructions.

Thanks a lot.
#8 Old 02-26-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
I have installed a radio before and I can follow some instructions.

Thanks a lot.
Good. If you have a 12v power supply you can use it to power up your factory radio and test it on a workbench using a volt meter. If not, leave it in the car and check your wiring harness to see if it is loose. If the connector is tight, but the speakers are still not working even after using the fader controls, then I would suggest that the amp or headunit is going bad. In addition, if you have a volt meter you can disconnect the harness leads that goes into and out of the Bose amp and check for voltage output in the harness leads while the system is in the car. If no voltage output in the leads that goes into the speaker channels from the Bose amp then you may have a bad amp or headunit if no voltage is going to the amp leads from the headunit. If either one of the two is bad, you could just replace the factory radio and connect the speakers to a new aftermarket radio. The non-Bose system would be easier to upgrade, however with the Bose system it may be easier to replace the stock speakers if the Bose amp is bad due to how the Bose speakers are wired and the Bose has an 2ohm load which are bad for most aftermarket headunits. I personally would just replace the headunit and use an aftermarket amp to power some aftermarket speakers and remove the Bose equipment altogether. However, if you do not want to spend that kind of money at one time. I would first replace the headunit and if all Bose speakers work I would guess if was the headunit. If the Bose speakers still do not work after replacing the headunit, then you will know it is the Bose amp that has the problem, which means you should add an aftermarket amp and speakers. Or you can just take system to an audio shop and have them check the equipment because they will have the proper equipment to test it for you and then go from there. P.S. you can usually return headunits purchased from most stores after you buy them, so if you notice that the headunit did not solve your problem, just return it to the store if you do not want to install an amp and new speakers.

K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Front Air Intake Delete
#9 Old 02-26-2013, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Need a bit more info. Do the left speakers not work at all just for specific settings? Do they work while the radio is on but they don't work while it's playing a CD?

Need to know this before I can help. There is a small ribbon cable buried deep inside the CD player that sometimes jiggles loose. If you're experiencing the sound missing all the time then I would say something s up with the speaker amp. Also need to know if you have the Bose system or not.

After 142K miles, my MO is history. Now sporting a loaded silver 2012 Ford Edge Limited with 20" wheels.
#10 Old 02-27-2013, 10:40 AM

@Carguy75:
Thanks a lot, I am going to check all that. I checked the cables in amp and everything seems fine, nothing loose or damaged.

@Warhammer:
It happens all the time and only with the right speakers, front and back. I tried balancing it to the right and you hear the music but very soft. And it is a Bose System
#11 Old 03-25-2013, 03:39 PM

I purchased a used amp, tested it and worked fine for a minute after that everything failed again... so, I endup with the same behavior as before...

Is there anything else I can try??
#12 Old 03-26-2013, 05:06 PM

Today when I first started the car all of the speakers started working but after a minute or so, the left ones stopped working again... I have no clue what could be causing this issue....
#13 Old 03-28-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Today when I first started the car all of the speakers started working but after a minute or so, the left ones stopped working again... I have no clue what could be causing this issue....
Did you buy a used Bose amp? If so, then maybe the previous owner was having the same problems before the amp was replaced and sold to you.

K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Front Air Intake Delete

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread