Wont shift , gutless..... - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 04-20-2017, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs down Wont shift , gutless.....

Ok so I bought this 03 for my wife. Thought we got a good deal... now I have relpaced spark plugs, coil packs, intake manifold gasket, pvc valve, a/c compressor and serpentine belt. Now its gutless. It isnt shifting, reves up as high as I can push it but doesnt really go anywhere(40 mph max) and sounds like it is fighting going at all......... W.T.F. I have checked all the O2 sencers and for vacuum leaks. When I put it on the OBD2 it comes up with thr code 0300. Witch is the cylinder misfire code. Not sure what I am missing. Could it be the gapping ofspark plugs, or maybe catalytic converter? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Rick the dumb a$$ who bought an 03.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-20-2017, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
I'm not sure that the misfire is your real problem, but what cylinder specifically shows the misfire? Usually the code references the specific cylinder. You can always swap coils between cylinders and see if the misfire follows the coil or stays at the same cylinder...which is easy if it's in the front 3 cylinders, a pain if it's in the back 3.

But even with one cylinder dead, you should be able to move faster than that. There's something else going on.

It's revving up, but if that's not resulting in forward motion my thought is a transmission problem.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #3 of 6 Old 04-20-2017, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Did you use NGK or Denso spark plugs (whichever was original equipment)? The spark plugs are pre-gapped and shouldn't be adjusted. P0300 can be a lot of things unfortunately. Not sure about the Muranos, but the 300ZX and I think 350Z were very picky about coil packs and the aftermarket ones just did not work well. Have you cleaned the MAF sensor with CRC? I guess it doesn't run well in Park or Neutral, right? You didn't mention anything about replacing or testing fuel injectors. You can use a mechanic's stethoscope to listen for the individual injector solenoids clicking. If they are working, you could still have a clogged injector causing misfire. Maybe run some techron if all injectors seem to be working. If you're using one of the bluetooth OBD2 adapters with Torque, maybe it has a display for real time fuel injector data. I think most of your symptoms can be signs of fuel injector problems. Sorry to go on about fuel injectors. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-21-2017, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Runs great in park at at idle or when throttling. The issue starts when engaged in gear and trying to excel over 40 mph. Have not checked injectors yet will do that today. Also going to check transmission fluids.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-21-2017, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
I'd love to be wrong about this, but I do think the transmission deserves scrutiny.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #6 of 6 Old 04-21-2017, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy

So just figured out that the previous owner put about 1/4 qt ATF in. Has only had around 100 miles since. I am working on flushing it and hoping this fixes the issue.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: