2006 Murano Rear Hatch / Trunk will NOT open - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 12-26-2013, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2006 Murano Rear Hatch / Trunk will NOT open

Ok for about a month now i can NOT figure out why we can not open the rear hatch. I tried replacing the actuators for a brand new one and still no go. All 4 doors unlocks and locks with the FOB and switch inside.

Right before this happened, I recall my passenger door lock would NOT unlock. I manually unlocked it for my wife to get in but ever since then its been working fine. I thought it was just a glitch. The hatch however I discovered a few days later after the incident that it would NOT open. I have to manually crawl in the back and switch the manual latch behind the plastic cover to open it.

I'm not sure where to start and searching leads me no where. I see a few people having the issue but no posted solution! i have other posting having to replace all 4 door actuators to get them to work! wth? makes no sense to replace all 4 just to get the hatch to open. the actuators are not cheap by any means.

Thanks,
AJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-26-2013, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I'm having the same issue. Based on some reasearch, I read that the hatch lock is controlled by the actuator on the passenger side door. So in this case since the passenger door lock actuator is acting up, the rear hatch is also being affected. In my case, I have to manually unlocke the front passenger door in order for the rear hatch to open. It works about 99% of the time this way. The other 1%, when it happens, even by me unlocking the front passenger side door the rear hatch doesn't want to open.

This has been going on for sometime now. I wanna say almost a year maybe. Hopefully someone can post a solution to this as it is very annoying and also a safety concern I think.

2005 Murano S_Black_2WD

Repairs to Date (all done myself): Lower Control Arms, Front Right Axle Half Shaft, High Pressure Power Steering Hose, Oil Pan, Front & Side Motor Mounts, Coolant Drain/Refill, Drive Belts, Front Struts, Oil Cooler Gasket, Camshaft Position Sensors, Rear Shocks

Repairs Coming Soon: Spark Plugs, Valve Cover (if leaking oil).
post #3 of 8 Old 12-27-2013, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Anyone have a solutions?

Things i have done so far are.

Fuse #35 - in the engine bay 10amp - Fuse is good
Back Door Relay B36 - Relay is tested and working. There are 4 lead going in the relay, Gray, green/red, black/silver, and green/blue. I'm assuming Gray is coming from the fuse box because its constant 12v. all other 3 are dead.

Looking at the relay layout, I jumped power to the green/red wire and wala! I activate the actuators in the hatch and the trunk opened.

Anyone else care to chime in please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-27-2013, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Try this.....

To the left of your steering wheel there is a rocker switch that enables/disables the open rear hatch switch at the rear of the Murano. Toggle this rocker switch by the steering wheel and your rear hatch switch will receive power/will work.

eeeee
post #5 of 8 Old 09-21-2014, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My rear hatch on my 07 Murano doesn't open, & I don't see any overide switch anywhere, the button & fuse are good,I don't have any open signal going to the actuator, can someone advise me?
post #6 of 8 Old 09-22-2014, 02:59 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Do any of you guys possibly have a rusty latch issue? I have an 04' SE and might possibly have a different latch than you (level style) but that might be something to look into? I have also posted a thread about this a while back, which is in the 'sticky' section.....actually, just last week had to do the same thing not to the actual mechanism as in the sticky thread, but now in the actual hand lever itself, which was also rusted out and would not move when pulled from the outside.

*This is just an idea as I believe most of the newer models have a button style latch and not the lever like my 04'.*
post #7 of 8 Old 09-22-2014, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosdaddy1 View Post
My rear hatch on my 07 Murano doesn't open, & I don't see any overide switch anywhere, the button & fuse are good,I don't have any open signal going to the actuator, can someone advise me?
have you tested for power at the actuator when hitting the button?
post #8 of 8 Old 04-15-2017, 11:08 PM

I going to resurrect this post from the dead:

Having the exact same issue. All doors unlock. Fuel door unlock. Rear Hatch does not. Rear switch doesn't work nor trying to unlocking it using intel-key fob. I don't hear a click. I have to manually unlock from the back. Visually verified fuses 18 and 22 in the front panel.

From the relay, tested the relay and it works.. It clicks when given 12v and shows no resistance in the meter.

I did short and give power to the green/red wire at the relay and that that did unlock the actuator in the rear.

Any thoughts? not sure where the problem lies. Looks like I can force it to give power and it seems to work, and relay checks out.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: