Nissan Murano Forum banner

Map Lights/ Door lights Bulb change

13K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  maestrano 
#1 ·
I am planning to change the map lights, door lights on my 2009 Murano SL AWD with LEDs from V-LEDS. I know they are type 194, but facing hard time getting the bulbs out.

I can get the outer cover out but the bulbs wont budge even after i try to pull them out.

Can anyone who has changed these lights please post some picture on how to remove these bulb?

#5 ·
I replaced my interior lights to LED. I have a 2007 S AWD and they us the festoon type bulbs which have points at each end that slip into holes to hold them in.
Try spreading the contacts alittle or hold the bulb between your fingers and put some pressure towards one of the end and pull the opposite end out.
Hope it helps

#6 ·
For 2009 Murano, Map lights use Bulb type 194 and Cargo lights use Festoon 31mm bulbs. I have already changed the cargo to LED. Wanted to change the Map lights with LED now.

Will try using latex gloves to yank it out. Hope I don't mess up the bulb holder in the process.

#7 ·
crazydude - have you changed out those 194 bulbs? I'm planning to do the same, but there are a lot of choices in LEDs and I'm not sure which would be the best.

Right now I'm leaning toward a 5-LED lamp with 4 to a side and 1 on the end for the map lights, rear roof lights and front door lights.

What did you go with and are you pleased with the results?

#11 ·
Jim Hef - I'm an amateur astronomer and will go with red for night vision protection. It will allow me to keep the back hatch open, and to be able to open doors to root around in the car without blinding my fellow observers (and risking a severe beating as a result).

#12 ·
Qat, I did change all my interior and License lights to white LED. Looks really cool. Got many complements from people.

Bought most of the LED's from VLEDs, iJMDToy and Ebay. let me know if you need the links to the bulbs. Will post some pictures soon...

#16 ·
First off, here are the tools...
A trim removal tool with a narrow thin end and a small flathead screwdriver. Needed the screwdriver for the wedge bulbs - they fit tightly and it helped to gently work them out a bit.

Next up is one of the 5-LED replacements

And here is the dome light with a red LED on the left and original on the right. The image is deceptive because the dome light appearance is actually an even red glow and looks excellent. The color and tone matches the red parts of the instrument cluster perfectly - speedo and tach needles, etc.

I also replaced the vanity bulbs with white 1-LED fuse type bulbs

And here are a couple of night shots. The actual effect is not as harsh or bright as the camera renders it - It is a nice mellow red glow and gives good visibility. Even if I wasn't doing it for night vision (Amateur Astronomy), I still think it would look cool.

#20 ·
I just installed the iJMDToy kit this weekend. Install was not too bad, but some "customization" was needed on the rear seat dome lights. Lights in the front doors barely fit, seem a little too big. Front seat reading (dome?) lights are way too bright - almost blinding at night. I wish there was a way to dim them. I have replaced them with a 4-LED bayonet type lamp that I just happened to have around. Now looks much better. Bright white color is pretty good.

#21 ·
I replaced my interior LEDs with the CARID kit. They are all single-LED units but make quite a difference in brightness -- especially in the cargo area where's its needed most. I also used the same 194 equivalent LEDs (not included in the kit) for the front door step lamps. Once you get a good sure grip on the bulbs they should come out with gentle coaxing, though I think I read in another post that you might carefully work a small screwdriver at the sides of the base to work a stubborn lamp free.

Anybody have any experience replacing the glove compartment light? One thing I learned quickly after removing the glove box assembly is that the bulb recommended on the CARID site as a replacement for the Murano is anything but. The car has a very tiny incandescent bulb very firmly attached into a four or five pin socket that ties into the 12V pigtail from the car. Very frustrating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.