Nissan Murano Forum banner

Can the 'Streaming audio via Bluetooth® wireless technology' be retro-fit?

13K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  joeh 
#1 ·
Morning all,

I posted this question originally as a reply to the post:
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/69-audio-electronics/180330-bluetooth-audio-streaming.html

But given its importance, I'd like to post a fresh thread here. My apologies if this is against the group policies.

So here is my dilemma. I have a 2014 Nissan Murano SL (with BOSE and Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System). The problem is that I have hundreds of songs and personal self-help audio programs on my iPhone that I wish to listen to while I drive on the highway. It's a HUGE PITA (pain in the ars) to have to plug my iPhone cable into my phone, open the center console, and plug the other USB cable end into the USB port on the Murano. This is called the 'USB connection port for iPod® interface and other compatible devices' option ... and I dislike it :(

There MUST be a techie/easier solution for this. I've been googling around and a lot of people recommend purchasing a universal Bluetooth Adaptor. I've been getting a lot of good comments about these 2 adaptors:
1. [ame]http://www.amazon.ca/HomeSpot-NFC-enabled-Bluetooth-Receiver-System/dp/B00G57CWZ8[/ame] HomeSpot-NFC-enabled-Bluetooth-Receiver-System
2. Kinivo-BTC450
3. I am also hearing on the forum about a 'Nissan Magic Box' and/or a Car-Puter.

==>Goodness, Gracious..these all sound like complicated solutions

There must be an easy to do this. Essentially, I want one of 2 paths to follow:

Path #1: I want a simply device will act as a wireless USB adaptor for my iPhone. A device that I can plug into the USB port in the center console that has a bluetooth adaptor in it that is also self charging. I want to "set it and forget it" and have my iPod interface (virtual cord) always ready to go without killing my car battery.

Path #2 (Ideal ... if possible though). Can the 'Streaming audio via Bluetooth® wireless technology' (that is ONLY available on the Platinum models) be retro-fit to the SL models?

I would really appreciate any help here!

PS. Love all you folks! So much help here!!!

Cheers,
Derek

See less See more
#2 ·
Wouldn't this be something like a FM transmitter?

Something like this:

I've used these with varying success (found you get what you pay for) on my old Camry.

#3 ·
Hi all,

So Friday, I received the 'HomeSpot-NFC-enabled-Bluetooth-Receiver-System' from Amazon. I installed in my Murano's center console (see picture).

There is a thing low screeching sound coming from i though, and I suspect its defective. Has anyone else had this issue?

I am tempted to return it and just humble myself to use the iPod dock.

Derek

Attachments

#4 ·
Hi all,

So Friday, I received the 'HomeSpot-NFC-enabled-Bluetooth-Receiver-System' http://www.amazon.ca/HomeSpot-NFC-e...ver-System/dp/B00G57CWZ8/?tag=vglnk-ca-c21-20 from Amazon. I installed in my Murano's center console (see picture).

There is a thing low screeching sound coming from i though, and I suspect its defective. Has anyone else had this issue?

I am tempted to return it and just humble myself to use the iPod dock.

Derek
you're going from analog to bluetooth?

#6 ·
Hi DarkMeth,

Thanks. Can you provide more details about the 'MonoPrice cable through Amazon'? I can't seem to find your posting.

#7 ·
Nissan seems to be so behind in audio technology for cars. My Toyota's basic audio system can simultaneously recognize my iphone as both a phone and as an audio player. Are you sure there are no places in your settings to enable this?

#9 ·
@zebelkhan - pretty sure. Also confirmed by dealership. +1 on your observation of Nissan. The phone BT module needs to support A2DP in order to stream music from a connected device. Nissan added A2DP as a separate BT module built-in only with the Bose + Nav configuration. There may be some Bose without Nav that support this but definitely not the non-Bose units.

#10 ·
@blondetmm - curious since I don't experience this and I'm using USB for charging and connected through RCA for audio. Can you elaborate?

#11 ·
@derek.megyesi - It's the thread you referenced in your original post above. Looks like you found it so I replied to it as well. Amazon link -http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AJHBES6

#12 ·
Hmmm. Maybe I just got a defective unit or maybe it's because I accidentally dropped it on my kitchen floor (LOL). Either way, I called Amazon (who has great customer support), and they issued me an exchange for another one. Hopefully it'll be here by New Years and I will (carefully) install it. I'll also check out that mono price cable you mention.

Thanks all. Your all so helpful!
Derek

Reactions: DarkMeth
#13 ·
Finally, got a solution!!

Hi all,

Well, on Christmas Eve, the postman delivered the (exchanged and now working) HomeSpot Bluetooth Audio Receiver. It works great!! So happy!

Since the stores were closed on Christmas, I couldn't do much, but on Boxing day, I took DarkMeth's advice and went down to Vision's Electronics and bought a sweet "Energy Performance II - Mini to Stereo Audio Cable 3.5mm to RCA". I switched out the stock RCA cable that came with the HomeSpot with this Energy II brand, and...WOW.. it sounds BETTER than my Sirius radio. Sounds so rich and sexy!!

So good!

Enjoy the pics!! Thanks for the fun. Thread closed

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.