Nissan Murano Forum banner

Bluetooth issues

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  wasssup 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 MO LE with navigation. The Bluetooth connection to my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.2) is... flaky at best. Today I was driving along with the Phone menu on the screen, half the icons would grey out, then come back on their own. Usually when I press the answer button, it will hang up on my callers.

I had it in the dealership yesterday, and of course, it worked perfectly :( Knowing that iOS recently had some bad press with Bluetooth, I'm not sure if it's the car or the phone. I'd like to hear from other members if they have any experiences.

Thanks!

#3 ·
That new IOs is terrible. My wife's perfectly fine 4s stopped connecting to wifi, Bluetooth was erratic, etc. don't know about the 5 but I'd imagine it's the phone. Maybe try another phone if you know anyone else.

#4 ·
I have the 6 Plus and it works fine in our 2011. I do know there have been all kinds of issues with the latest iOS though. Having a developers account I'm now on 8.3 so hang on....a fix is coming and you're not going nuts...lol.

Reactions: AJL
#5 ·
I have a 6 on 8.3 and it works better then it ever has in my 2011 SL. Calls have worked fine for me, no issues at all. I can also stream music with no issues, although I have found it works best if I have the phone unlocked when I start streaming music. If I don't I can't always skip back or forward while playing music. Before I had cut out issues but those are gone now for me.

#6 ·
Yes, the newest update 8.3 just came out last week and addresses all bluetooth and wifi issues.

#7 ·
I got the new update, and it worked great!... for one phone call. The next time the phone rang during a different trip, the same problem occurred. Ah well, the saga continues.

#8 ·
My wife has been complaining about the same issues on her '11 Murano SL w/NAV, and iPhone 6. I was reading about the '15 NAV update, and noticed that the 1st disc is a system update and the others are the map updates. Apparently the system update DOESN'T require a key, but the maps do.

Long story short...I plan to update her phone to iOS 8.3 (I assume she's at 8.2) and do the system update to see if it fixes her problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.