Nissan Murano Forum banner

DOT Matrix LCD problem 2012

20K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  dondang 
#1 ·
Hi all,

New to the Forum.

So, I have a 2012 Murano w/only 6.2K miles. I admit it's a garage queen. Started it up yesterday and noticed the LCD display in the speedometer housing is only showing "snow" (pic attached). And, of course, it's just 2 months out of warranty. The engine was not running when I took this picture, which is why
the Check Engine light is on.

Any idea what might cause this? I did read others have had some problems w/their LCD displays but not sure this is the same thing.

Thanks for any help and/or recommendations.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
2014 Dot Matrix LCD malfunction

2014 Dot Matrix LCD Malfunction. The screen is totally blank or had strange lines across it. Owned car for 15 months and has 15,000 miles.

Have been told that it will take up to a month to get a replacement speedometer console.

I don't understand why Nissan doesn't have this part in stock. Feeling very frustrated!

Attachments

#4 ·
Hey guys!

Im Andrei.Glad to be amongst Murano owners.

I own a 2012 diesel murano wich has 3 months out the the guarantee and i have the identical problem "Dot Matrix LCD Malfunction". is the same as in the picture uploaded by fredj.

Can you please give me an update because friday i will go to nissan dealer to check the car and maybe i find from you guys before what is the problem and if it can be solved. If its out of the guarantee and its something expensive to change can i ask to be replaced by nissan ? I live in Romania and i dont know if here nissan will care to help me like in the US for example.

I would apreciate all the help i can get from you guys

#5 ·
fixed!

My Murano is a 2014. I had 15,000 miles on it when the LCD went out. So I am under warranty. It took 4 weeks for the dealer to acquire the new part from the manufacturer. It was installed for free (under warranty).

I would take it to the dealer:D since it's so close to being out of warranty and they obviously have some manufacturing problem with some of these parts.

#7 ·
I bought a used murano and the dox matix LCD has just gone out. It only has 57K on it and this has gone out. I bought a nissan thinking I was buying a quality car but that seems to not be the case. This seems to be a rising issue but I guess since it is not a safety issue no one will care. I love my murano but this is ridiculous, I will check fuses tomorrow so keeping fingers crossed.

#10 ·
Hi JB,

Here's what I did. I paid $200 for a used cluster from pick and pull. Then I paid another $200 to someone to match the mileage on the new cluster with mine (the new cluster had about 20,000 miles less than what I had on the vehicle). And than just swapped the clusters. Not me because I was scared to do it but I paid the dealership $100 to swap them for me.

Hope this helps.

#12 ·
Bought pre-certified 2012 for daughter with 45K miles and 1 year later the screen goes out. Next day doors start locking and unlocking themselves. Took into dealer and the code shows error in speedometer. They want to replace for $1600 and see if it will correct the other problems. Very concerned they are on a fishing expedition and this could end up costing much more. It looks like from these forums this display is a know issue and should be taken care of by Nissan under the extended care. I bought this car for my daughter thinking I would get another 150K without any big ticket repairs.

#14 ·
Hi. Facing the same issue on my dad's Nissan. Being in the electronics manufacturing business, this is a QC issue that Nissan needs to own up to. Just replacing the dash or cluster is a flaky work around. Even after much research and confirm that the vehicle was assembled in Japan (VIN #), still facing this quirky issue. One small possible light in this tunnel is that the same display will sometime come on without any issues but often will remain dark. The LCD backlight is ok so suspecting the cable harness is loose during the sub-standard assembly of this vehicle. The local dealer wants $1600 for a replacement. Nissan (Canada) is just using the line "out of warranty" - vehicle has 45k km.

Are there any detailed guides on how to carefully get access to this region of the car? Personally not wanting to take apart the dash till we have full info on the assembly process.

Also, in the market for a new vehicle and Nissan is off my list. Does any manufacture actually care anymore to build a quality car? So much for the pride in workmanship.

#15 ·
Hi all,

New to the Forum.

So, I have a 2012 Murano w/only 6.2K miles. I admit it's a garage queen. Started it up yesterday and noticed the LCD display in the speedometer housing is only showing "snow" (pic attached). And, of course, it's just 2 months out of warranty. The engine was not running when I took this picture, which is why
the Check Engine light is on.

Any idea what might cause this? I did read others have had some problems w/their LCD displays but not sure this is the same thing.

Thanks for any help and/or recommendations.
[/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.