Nissan Murano Forum banner

Drivers seat - loose

13K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  aaroutio 
#1 ·
I have read 100's of posts about the drivers seat bracket issue on 1st gen Murano's (and a few other sedans), but have read nothing specific to the 2nd gen. Murano.

Did Nissan change or fix the seat frame on the 2nd gen? Even the replacement part number that is listed all over the place only shows that it fits up to 2007.

The reason I'm asking is that mine is loose (09 LE). It moves front/back/side when starting, stopping and turning. I haven't looked at it yet, but after reading all the issues with the 1st gen, I just assume it was the same thing and I've got a broken or cracked frame, however because there is no part listed to replace a 2nd gen seat, I wanted to ask the forum if anyone else had the issue with a 2nd gen seat.

Thanks,

#3 ·
My 09 had the same rocking issue. Seat frame was replaced under warranty.

#7 ·
I don't know if it's the same frame between Gen 1 & 2, but it's easy to check.

Open the passenger side rear door, kneel down and lift up under the left rear corner of the driver's seat. If it moves up freely, it's the broken frame.

#9 ·
#10 ·
I am having major issues with the driver's seat of my 2005 Nissan Murano. The driver's seat literally fell backwards as I was driving and any attempts to adjust the car seat, is futile as it keeps adjusting/slanting backwards on its own. It adjusts to the point of touching the back seat; almost parallel to the ground. So frustrated as I cannot pinpoint the root cause of it. It is too dangerous to drive as I have no steady back support and I hate to imagine what would happen if I had to brake suddenly. The quote to repair it from the dealership is $599.

Is this a known issue? Has anyone been successful in contacting Nissan about this? Was there any help forthcoming from Nissan, as far as helping with the repair costs. I appreciate your advice and thoughts. Thank you

#11 ·
First, get away from the dealership.

Pull the seat yourself (4 bolts and two wiring harness clips) and take a look at it. Something has broken, but it's nothing that a local upholstery shop can't fix for you. have them pull the seat apart, get it welded, and then they can re-assemble. you can bet that won't be $600.

There's no point in asking Nissan for help on a 10-year-old car. They may not laugh in your face, but they'll chuckle when you leave.

And search this forum for old posts about seats. Plenty of info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.