Nissan Murano Forum banner

Temperature Control

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  HVT 
#1 ·
in our 2014, the temperature can be set only down as low as 18 degrees centigrade (about 64 F). Is there a way to manipulate the system to set a lower temperature?

Whether it would blow colder air or not, my wife would like to see a lower number; she complains during hot flashes.

Thanks.

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies. My wife misses her old 4-Runner AC that she could turn on full cold - full blast. Sometimes adding more technology can equate to less capability, which in this case, might cost me an additional vehicle trade!

Thanks again.

Jdix

#5 ·
18°C is the minimum ambient temperature setting, not the temperature at the a/c vents. If you put an accurate thermometer in one of the vents, you'll see that it's much below 18°C depending on the outdoor temperature. If she could direct the flow of cold air towards her body it would certainly help but the side effects can be a cold, sore throat etc. It's not caused so much by the cold air as the bacterias and virus and are flourishing in the water left in the evaporator of the a/c system (the foul smell comes from that).

As for hot flashes, I can't be of much help but been there done that with my ex and just had to go through this tough period along with her...We almost went to sleeping in separate beds! She wouldn't go for hormone replacement therapy but a doctor could certainly help with today's medication, natural or not. Good luck to both of you.

#6 ·
Just turn the AUTO TEMP control off and youll get full cold.

#7 ·
I always find it amusing that some people think that if you set the thermostat lower, it gets cold faster.

Which of course, is wrong. The system operates at max cool as long as it takes to achieve the setting.

This is something that drives people mad in office buildings. The technically "challenged" set thermostats low (in summer) or high (in winter) thinking that it will get cold or hot faster. This screws up the entire building control system as the incorrectly adjusted thermostat results in temperatures that affect other parts of the area that share air space. I've fought that for years.

#8 ·
lol. Max is max!! Once it gets to temperature though, the system will lower fan speed as well as blend the air temperature, just as you would or could do with the manual version of the system by turning the temp knob. But yeah, lol....that's always made me laugh as well. If you get in a hot car and it's set to 72°, lowering it to 65° won't make it cool faster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.