Nissan Murano Forum banner

Volume Knob Issues?

15K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Jim R 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2012 Murano Platinum Addition. I was just in car and tried to raise the volume of the radio. The screen indicated that the volume was being raised/lowered, but there was no actual change in the volume of the sound. I'm not sure if the volume is stuck on some setting or something b/c there is a little checkered flag that appears to the left of the volume bar that I have not seen before when I try to raise/lower the music. I have never had this issue before and am totally helpless when it comes to any kind of car issue so any feedback would be great!

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
I have an '09 and the volume knob would turn and click but no change in sound. The issue you are having is the circuit board behind the radio face is failing. They will need to replace the control face which are all the buttons. There is nothing that you can do other to take it in for service. ~$600 in repairs

#6 ·
I have a Murano 2011 with the same issue. I found several DIY fixes on YouTube where you remove the knobs and spray an electronic contact cleaner around the metal spindle. It's a $8 fix and it worked!!! Saved a ton of money and inconvenience having to replace head unit or partial boards. The issue is common with stereo equipment and is caused by a buildup over time of grime and dust. The special cleaner (I bought CRC brand at a hardware store) does the trick in minutes. I'll be doing the cleaning every year just for maintenance to avoid reoccurence.

#7 ·
I have a Murano 2011 LE with the same issue. I found several DIY fixes on YouTube where you remove the knobs and spray an electronic contact cleaner around the metal spindles. It's a $8 fix and it worked!!! Saved a ton of money and inconvenience having to replace head unit or partial boards. The issue is common with stereo equipment and is caused by a buildup over time of grime and dust. The special cleaner (I bought CRC brand at a hardware store) does the trick in minutes. I'll be doing the cleaning every year just for maintenance to avoid reoccurence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.