Nissan Murano Forum banner

2010 murano head unit

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Pilgrim 
#1 ·
What can i do to watch dvd?
Can i replace the head unit?
Does the unit of a new murano (3rd generation) play dvd cd's?

Thanks

#2 ·
Leon, start up the Mo, keeping it in Park and put the emergency foot brake on. Put a DVD into the disc slot--it should play on the screen. If you then drive off, the audio portion will continue to be played but there will be no visual image on the screen. If you depress the e-brake pedal the slightest so that the switch on the arm engages, the image will appear. Not the best thing to do while driving!

Reactions: Blinky19
#5 ·
I had no idea I could watch a DVD until I read this and went outside and tried it. Don't know how much I will use this feature, probably not much lol, but I'm glad it's there and thanks for the info.

#8 ·
Display settings...

Leon, I should have realized you need a NAV system to play a DVD. Check your owners manual regarding playing DVD's. Here's what's on page 4-57 of the manual for my 2012 (SL)...

Display settings
To adjust the front display mode, push the
SETTING button while the DVD is being played.
To adjust the display ON/OFF, brightness, tint,
color and contrast, select the “Display Adjustment”
key and then select each key.
Then you can adjust each item using the multifunction
controller. After changes have been
made push the BACK button to save the setting.

Could it be that easy?

#10 ·
Leon...

You can download a copy of the manual for your Mo.

I assume you are trying to view commercial DVD's. If not, a disk read error could be your problem. I've had that happen with the TV/DVD player on my boat. It didn't like sail racing slide shows I made on my laptop's burner.

Worse case, you could replace your system with one from a recycling yard.

Checking the brochure for 2010's versus the 2011's, the wording is different for entertainment systems--a bit confusing, but they could be different and have different capabilities. Someone with a 2010 could confirm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.