Nissan Murano Forum banner

Service replace front & rear shock / strut assembly

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Robotaz 
#1 · (Edited)
Service suggest replace front & rear shock / strut assembly

I try to keep my 2010 Murano up-to-date on scheduled maintenance. Now the service center where I take it is telling me that I need to replace the front and rear strut assemble (103k miles) "just because they might go bad after 100k miles). Total cost would be over $1,200. Can't find anything on this forum or in the service manual that this needs to be done and he even admitted it isn't a service listed item.

So my questions are ... 1) Does this really need to be done and 2) if not is my service guy just trying to make extra money off me for unnecessary service.

He also want to do spark plugs (which I agree need to be done) but wants $465.00 to do that. Does that sound right?

Thanks for anyone's advice and help!

Regards!

Barkley

#2 ·
do you notice anything that seems not right with how it handles or rides or takes bumps etc.? if it feels fine then it may not be needed at this time; if it feels "off", then it may be warranted.

I haven't done the plugs yet but I believe that they have to take the upper intake manifold of to get to the back three (3) plugs. with that said, you can always get another quote and see how it compares.

#3 ·
At 100k you should plan on replacing shocks before they fail. Don't pay a dealer to do it. Rear shocks are child's play., fronts are a strut change. Look for threads and my DIY rundown.

Plugs are pricey because of need to remove intake manifold. IMO a stupid design. Again, any competent Nissan mechanic can do it for less. Many members have done it themselves.

#4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping to avoid the $1,200 for the shocks / struts but if I really is a good idea to do it at this time I guess I'll bite the bullet and do it after the first of the year. I didn't see it listed anywhere in the owners manual for preventative or scheduled maintenance so that was why I was questioning the quote.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.