Nissan Murano Forum banner

2009 Murano S - Installing Fogs & LED Strip as DRL's

8K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Realkyoone 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I've searched for this but can't find anything relevant to the 2nd Generation MO's.

We just got a new 2009 Murano S. It does not have fog lights or any DRL lights. I would like to install fog lights and possibly add some Audi styple LED strips around the headlights as well. I want to use both sets of new lights as DRL's.

My primary question is how do I make these lights DRL. Is there a plug already in the murano that I can plug into for DRL's? If not, can I use something like this:

DRL Relay Harness

I'd prefer to not have to get in an do any cutting or splicing of wires if I can avoid it.

Appreciate your help. Look forward to seeing you guys often in the future!

#2 ·
My 2010 came with fog lights and the switch to turn them on is a few inches inward on the same switch as the headlights. They don't function as DRL lights though and only turn on with the headlights as long as you have their own switch turned on as well. I know Nissan offers a DRL add on accessory using an LED strip of some kind so I would think that would mean there should be a harness of some sort available to plug in to under the hood.

Here's a link to the DRL accessory:
Murano SL LED Daytime Running Lights Photo | Nissan USA

Another link to the installation manual, looks like they tap in to the electronics on the interior of the vehicle:
http://www.courtesyparts.com/images/instruct/B66M0-Z5100.pdf

#6 ·
I have added LED DRL with an "add a circuit" to the under hood fuse box.
At the moment I don't remember which one. I looked for a circuit that was only "hot" when the engine was on. And one that wasn't "uber vital"
It was a tight fit in the fuse box but it works. Made the ground go right to the Neg. side of the battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.