Nissan Murano Forum banner

vibration while braking

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Talay 
#1 ·
Greetings, can anyone assist.when I go over 100miles or increase acceleration then apply my brakes the steering , car vibrates, I get so uncomfortable increasing acceleration.

Kindly assist?

#2 ·
If you feel vibration only when you apply the brakes, it may be due to the heat damaged brake discs which may need replacement.

#3 ·
If you feel vibration while braking, it's either warped rotors or loose/worn parts in the front steering. Warped rotors aren't really dangerous, but they're uncomfortable. Loose/worn parts can kill you. Have the front end and front brake rotors checked.

#4 · (Edited)
I had my front brake rotors machined by the dealer as I was having the vibration problem. After this I am still getting the vibration. Should I be looking at something else, they said they also checked my front end and nothing seemed out of the ordinary? I forgot to add that I currently at 6/32 for brake pads.

#5 ·
Sometimes shops over machine them pass their limit, so they become too thin and will warp, which is why you might still get vibrations after machining rotors. Also not a good idea to use the same pads after machining the rotors, I have a feeling they might have done that. You always want to start with fresh pads on a machined or new rotor.

#6 ·
Thanks Rosh72 for the info I had no idea what would happen if you over machine rotor them. Yes they used the same pads so would getting new pads be an answer to this situation then at this point do you think? What do you think about oem brake pads and not from the Nissan dealer.?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.