Nissan Murano Forum banner

Rear Folding Seats Lever Strap

31K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  geofizz 
#1 ·
This is so annoying. Somehow the rear level strap in the back seat came loose and I cant put it back.

Anybody had this problem or know how to fix it? I tried using tweezers, screwdrivers to put it back. But the space to work on is very limited.

This must be a design flaw.

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
ppan76 said:
This must be a design flaw.
Doubtful. Since it looks like all MO's have the same set-up and this is the first report of a loose strap I would say it is just an isolated failure.

Obviously you MO is still covered by the b2b warranty. Have the dealer repair it at your convenience.

-njjoe

#4 ·
Sorry for the long delay. I still have not fixed this yet. I guess is not a priority as I am the driver.

The strap is just basically a strap. I have no idea how it came loose or how it's attached to the lever behind the rear seat. I want to bring it to the dealer but have not had a chance to do it.

#6 ·
We have a second occurrence. Mine just came off this morning as I was showing off my MO's cool features to my father-in-law. I just pulled it right out and I said "I don't think the strap coming out is a very cool feature". I'm gonna have to figure out how to get the strap back on or take it in I guess.

#7 ·
Lesson: When showing off "cool MO features" use the lever in the back to fold down the seats and avoid the straps at all costs"

I'm kidding of course but it would be interesting to note how often the straps were used. Is this happening on 2nd or 3rd use? I think that would help determine if it was barely attached from the factory or if it's somehow working itself loose through use. I've personally only used the straps twice, also while showing off "cool MO features". :) If I am really loading something and need the space I always use the levers in the back.

#8 ·
Bunshaw said:
it would be interesting to note how often the straps were used. Is this happening on 2nd or 3rd use? I think that would help determine if it was barely attached from the factory or if it's somehow working itself loose through use.
We have had the car for almost a year now, and the straps are used quite often; not so much for folding flat, but more used for reclining. After they power back from a folded position, and then my kids get in, they pull the strap to recline. Looking at the lever that they are attached to, I see how it could come off if the strap was kind of pushed in a little.

Another thing that I thought was interesting, is that no where in the Service Manual does it mention anything about the strap (that I could find).

#9 ·
Fixed mine myself today

I know that this is an old thread but thought that you all would like to know how I fixed mine. We have had our '09 for a year now and the passenger side had disconnected shortly after we bought it. Today I decided to tackle it and after about ten minutes of looking at I had a plan. lay the seat forward using the rear seat release lever in the cargo area. There are two pieces of plastic that you will need to remove. There is a seat back hinge assembly cover and then there is a plastic cover that molds underneath it. Remove the piece that molds underneath it first and then the hinge cover. Re attach the strap and fish it through the hinge cover. Reinstall the hinge cover and then the cover that wraps underneath. There is a plastic covered metal bar that attaches the seat back to the hinge, don't forget to fish it through there as well. Viola! you did it, now go get some lemonade!!

Attachments

#12 ·
I know that this is an old thread but thought that you all would like to know how I fixed mine. We have had our '09 for a year now and the passenger side had disconnected shortly after we bought it. Today I decided to tackle it and after about ten minutes of looking at I had a plan. lay the seat forward using the rear seat release lever in the cargo area. There are two pieces of plastic that you will need to remove. There is a seat back hinge assembly cover and then there is a plastic cover that molds underneath it. Remove the piece that molds underneath it first and then the hinge cover. Re attach the strap and fish it through the hinge cover. Reinstall the hinge cover and then the cover that wraps underneath. There is a plastic covered metal bar that attaches the seat back to the hinge, don't forget to fish it through there as well. Viola! you did it, now go get some lemonade!!
Thank you for the detail, I cannot get the seat to fold down at all, there is talk of a strap that you pull, cannot locate this at all.. again ours is on the p[passenger side of the car.
where do I locate the straop that passengers can pull? We have an 2009 Murano.

#13 ·
The strap is on the right side of driver's side back seat and left side of the passengers back seat, between where the seatback and seat pad meet. Your's have probably slipped back into the crease. Reach in there to find it with your hand and pull it out. Tugging on it will release the seatback forward. Hope this helps and take care!

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.