Nissan Murano Forum banner

Replacing Rear Wiper Blade?

27K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  jtellington4 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to replace the rear wiper blade on a 2009 Murano?

The idiot book (owner's manual) says to take it to the dealer.

You're kidding.

Help!

#3 ·
zebelkhan said:
I think there is a "how to" somewhere on this board but I don't know exactly where. Do a search for "rear wiper" and hopefully you will find it. Sorry I cannot be more help!
No problem-o. I just paid the $21.00 on Nissanhelp.com and found it in the service manual. It says to remove the wiper cover (which is that little plastic thingie that covers the shaft that goes through the window.) So I simply removed that, removed the 10mm nut, removed the wiper arm, pulled off the old wiper, put on the new one, bolted up and I am done!! Nyuk, nyuk, no trip to the dealer to CHANGE A STUPID WIPER BLADE !!! :rolleyes:

Here is a pic of the shop manual for rear wiper change-out:

#5 ·
zebelkhan said:
I thought it would be more complicated than that. Maybe the first generation one was difficult?:8:
I found some info on-line about the first generation and it said something about removing the arm too. The weirdest thing was getting that cover off, but it just clips on with little tabs holding it on top and bottom of the wiper arm. Just pried it off and viola' there was the nut. I would have never figured it out without the shop manual.

#7 ·
Anco N12R

An old thread, but I bought Anco N12R replacement wiper blade(s) from RockAuto Auto Parts . Package of 2 blade refills for $3.45 (plus shipping). Perfect replacement for OEM blade. No need to take the wiper arm off the vehicle, just lift off the rear window an inch or two, slide the old blade out by pulling the end of the blade under the retaining metal nub. Just slide the new blade in place being careful not to miss any of the blade guides.

FYI, it's taken me longer to place the order on RockAuto Auto Parts (which doesn't take very long) and write this brief post :29:

#8 · (Edited)
Changing the rear wiper blade on my 2009 Nissan Murano was SUPER EASY.

Pop the cap - can be done with your fingers, unscrew the nut underneath, pull the arm out (may need to put some pressure on it), remove the old blade assembly, replace with the new one, put it all back together.

The dealership wanted $65.00 to change it?! Literally took 15-minutes to do, including finding the tools needed. Next time I'll look for refills as was suggested above. The old blade assembly is in perfect condition why throw it out to the landfill?

#9 ·
Just did, could not get just refill though. Rock Auto shows none. Mine would not pull off after 10mm nut removed. Turn counter clockwise a few spins plus a few taps it comes off.

#10 ·
rear wiper blade

Wow, that's too much work! On another thread on this forum, the replacement is the Trico 12-R, I got one at O'Reilly's. I just followed the directions included, did not have to remove the whole wiper arm, just lifted it up and removed the old one, and reversed the process to put the new one on. Took less than 5 minutes!

#13 ·
rear wiper blade

Wow, that's too much work! On another thread on this forum, the replacement is the Trico 12-R, I got one at O'Reilly's. I just followed the directions included, did not have to remove the whole wiper arm, just lifted it up and removed the old one, and reversed the process to put the new one on. Took less than 5 minutes!
Did you replace the complete blade, or did you pull the rubber out and replace it?

Rky

#11 ·
^ Not sure how you were able to get it off by simply lifting it up. On most Murano's (my Gen I and the Gen II in this thread) the arm has to be removed to get the blade to release.

Maybe yours already had an aftermarket blade that attached differently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.