Nissan Murano and Garage Door Opener - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 01-23-2011, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nissan Murano and Garage Door Opener

I just got a 2011 Murano SL and no matter what the manual says I can't sync the garage door opener in the mirror. I had a 2007 Murano and had no problem syncing it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-23-2011, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It is actually easy to screw it up.. it has happened to me. You must follow the steps exactly and you generally have to proceed to the rolling code part as well.

Always possible that it's not working, but doubtful.
#3 Old 01-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Qat

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I recall when I first bought the home I had a hell of a time trying to get the Jeep's homelink to work - and then I found homelink instructions in the garage door operating manual and used those instead. Worked like a charm. Used the same for the Murano.

[LEFT]2010 SL Tinted Bronze/Beige | Leather | Premium | 360°
LED DRLs | Interior LEDs | Aluminum Pedals | All Weather Mats & Cargo Liner | Fumoto Oil Drain Valve | Reese Hitch
#4 Old 01-24-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksea View Post
I just got a 2011 Murano SL and no matter what the manual says I can't sync the garage door opener in the mirror. I had a 2007 Murano and had no problem syncing it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
I set up my 2011 Murano SL homelink over the weekend. I have two garage door opener codes to program in. I would recommend following the steps exactly, and through the point of needed to use the "train" button on the garage door opener itself.

Of the two codes to set up, one was easy, one was very difficult; i.e. get the homelink to take the code from the both remote controls was easy. Then came the "learning" part on the garage door openers themselves. One was easy to train; i.e hit the train button, hit the homelink button on the murano, and they synced and all was good. The other one was much more difficult to get trained. I'd hit the train button, hit the murano button, and nothing. Hold the train button, hit the murano button, nothing. I think I had to hold the train button, and then cycle the murano button 3 times like the murano's user manual recommended. Either way, a big pain. Good luck getting yours programed up.

Off topic, I just picked up my 2011 Murano SL w/o nav two weeks ago. What did you pay for yours? I'm just curious how I did on negotiating.
#5 Old 01-24-2011, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Suggest you go to the Homelink web site, they have specific instructions by vehicle that work. It took me a couple of tries but my 09 garage door opener works fine now.

2012 Infiniti FX 35 Midnight Mocha
2010 Lexus GS 350 AWD Smokey Granite Mica
2009 Murano LE Silver (gone)
2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Flint Mica (gone)
2005 Lexus RX 330 Thundercloud (gone)
2007 Lexus IS 250 AWD Flint Mica(gone)
2001 Lexus RX 300 (gone)

The Second Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security
#6 Old 01-26-2011, 12:48 PM

Make sure you clear the code out of the car mirror before you trade/sell the car too. Probably will never have the new buyer know where you live unless you sell privately and they come to your house to see the car.
#7 Old 02-02-2011, 02:28 PM

I had the same issue with my 2010 (having before a 2006 that worked). To fix it, I changed the code in the receiver & remote (an old one with jumpers) and homelink picked it up on the first try.

2010 SL L1
#8 Old 03-08-2012, 10:21 PM

First post.
Proud new owner of a 2009 Murano SL
I got it working finally after numerous attemps I phoned the 800 number for Homelink and he walked me though it.
The sticking point: and no where on in the Murano manual or the Homelink web site is it mentioned : is the frequency of the remote.
Our garage door units are made by Genie and the remotes have a slider switch on the side. I slid the switch downward to the new position and redid the programming procedure and presto it worked!!
My wife's 2000 Honda Accord has a Homelink system also which we never could get to work (even had our computer whizz teenage son try to do it years ago, with no success)
I now have it working also.
Fixed two things.............wrecked nothing
What a great day.

Last edited by tdex; 03-08-2012 at 10:23 PM. Reason: grammar
#9 Old 03-09-2012, 06:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Your Murano has a garage door opener? Whoda thunk it! I just have my wife get out of the car and open it for me!

Actually, lest I get tagged for another non-sensical comment, there are instructions on the Homelink to set it. These instructions actually came with my 2005 Max. on a separate card, which I had luckily kept. Because the 2012 MO didn't include them! Nissan has done a lot of cut backs since 2005.

But the instructions can be found on-line if you don't have the card like I did. It actually takes 2 people to set it. One in the car, and one pressing the controls for the garage door opener. (My wife did help me do this!).

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#10 Old 03-09-2012, 09:35 AM

I recently tried to help a neighbor set up the remote transmitter in his Chevy truck, which is not a Homelink brand. Believe me, Homelink is a piece of cake compared to the crappy system in his truck. We finally just gave up.
#11 Old 03-09-2012, 11:46 AM

For a current Nissan Tech Service Bulletin made readily available by Nissan, regarding HomeLink®, click on the link below. The info pertains specifically to the 2011-2012 Murano but does have info that would be useful to owners of older Murano's.. (I also posted reference to same a few months ago on this forum. I have linked to a copy on my server versus saying go find it for yourself)

http://www.auffarth.com/BillFolder/Murano/NTB11-069.pdf

eeeee
#12 Old 03-09-2012, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillArf View Post
For a current Nissan Tech Service Bulletin made readily available by Nissan, regarding HomeLink®, click on the link below. The info pertains specifically to the 2011-2012 Murano but does have info that would be useful to owners of older Murano's.. (I also posted reference to same a few months ago on this forum. I have linked to a copy on my server versus saying go find it for yourself)

http://www.auffarth.com/BillFolder/Murano/NTB11-069.pdf

That is exactly what was on a laminated card with my 2005 Maxima. Unfortunately it was not included for the 2012 MO, but I had saved it when I traded the MAX and it now resides in my glove box for use when I need it again.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#13 Old 03-09-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
That is exactly what was on a laminated card with my 2005 Maxima. Unfortunately it was not included for the 2012 MO, but I had saved it when I traded the MAX and it now resides in my glove box for use when I need it again.
Just an additional note to someone who is trying to program their Homelink with a garage door remote that uses a rolling code ( I think all garage remotes use rolling codes now).
The help line tech. at Homelink gave me these two instructions that are not mentioned else where.
One.) Hold the remote inch from the third Homelink button, below and behind the mirror.
Two.) If in step two, you don't get a rapid blinking light, change the frequency on the garage remote by moving the slider switch on the side of the remote and repeat.
Worked for me
Good video here.
HomeLink
#14 Old 03-09-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
Your Murano has a garage door opener? Whoda thunk it! I just have my wife get out of the car and open it for me!

Actually, lest I get tagged for another non-sensical comment, there are instructions on the Homelink to set it. These instructions actually came with my 2005 Max. on a separate card, which I had luckily kept. Because the 2012 MO didn't include them! Nissan has done a lot of cut backs since 2005.

But the instructions can be found on-line if you don't have the card like I did. It actually takes 2 people to set it. One in the car, and one pressing the controls for the garage door opener. (My wife did help me do this!).
Really??/
Good wife. Keep her
#15 Old 03-18-2012, 08:11 PM

Every since I moved have lived in Condo's I find their fob garage door openers don't work with this MO mirror tool.

A

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: