User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 21 Old 09-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Qat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
First off, here are the tools...
A trim removal tool with a narrow thin end and a small flathead screwdriver. Needed the screwdriver for the wedge bulbs - they fit tightly and it helped to gently work them out a bit.

Next up is one of the 5-LED replacements

And here is the dome light with a red LED on the left and original on the right. The image is deceptive because the dome light appearance is actually an even red glow and looks excellent. The color and tone matches the red parts of the instrument cluster perfectly - speedo and tach needles, etc.

I also replaced the vanity bulbs with white 1-LED fuse type bulbs

And here are a couple of night shots. The actual effect is not as harsh or bright as the camera renders it - It is a nice mellow red glow and gives good visibility. Even if I wasn't doing it for night vision (Amateur Astronomy), I still think it would look cool.

2010 SL Tinted Bronze/Beige | Leather | Premium | 360°
LED DRLs | Interior LEDs | Aluminum Pedals | All Weather Mats & Cargo Liner | Fumoto Oil Drain Valve | Reese Hitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 09-10-2011, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
O NO..............I think I hear The Police coming on..........Roxanne........you don't have to put on the red lights........

Will surely gets everyones attention at night. Hey! If you like it. I like it too.
post #18 of 21 Old 09-10-2011, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitely View Post
Roxanne........you don't have to put on the red lights....
post #19 of 21 Old 09-11-2011, 12:40 AM
Qat

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitely View Post
o no..............i think i hear the police coming on..........roxanne........you don't have to put on the red lights........:d

rofl

2010 SL Tinted Bronze/Beige | Leather | Premium | 360°
LED DRLs | Interior LEDs | Aluminum Pedals | All Weather Mats & Cargo Liner | Fumoto Oil Drain Valve | Reese Hitch
post #20 of 21 Old 11-26-2012, 04:53 PM

I just installed the iJMDToy kit this weekend. Install was not too bad, but some "customization" was needed on the rear seat dome lights. Lights in the front doors barely fit, seem a little too big. Front seat reading (dome?) lights are way too bright - almost blinding at night. I wish there was a way to dim them. I have replaced them with a 4-LED bayonet type lamp that I just happened to have around. Now looks much better. Bright white color is pretty good.

2010 SL, Bright Silver
post #21 of 21 Old 11-26-2012, 06:58 PM

I replaced my interior LEDs with the CARID kit. They are all single-LED units but make quite a difference in brightness -- especially in the cargo area where's its needed most. I also used the same 194 equivalent LEDs (not included in the kit) for the front door step lamps. Once you get a good sure grip on the bulbs they should come out with gentle coaxing, though I think I read in another post that you might carefully work a small screwdriver at the sides of the base to work a stubborn lamp free.

Anybody have any experience replacing the glove compartment light? One thing I learned quickly after removing the glove box assembly is that the bulb recommended on the CARID site as a replacement for the Murano is anything but. The car has a very tiny incandescent bulb very firmly attached into a four or five pin socket that ties into the 12V pigtail from the car. Very frustrating.

2011 Murano LE FWD Tinted Bronze
HID headlights
LED DRLs
Lighted door sills
Video bypass
Sharkfin antenna
Hoen Xenonmatch fog lamps

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: