2010/2011 Murano with Nav TSB - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 07-14-2011, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2010/2011 Murano with Nav TSB

For those with a 2010 or 2011 Murano with Nav you might want your dealer to do the fix mentioned in TSB NTB10-125b

This TSB addresses:

•Audio streaming via Bluetooth is “choppy” or “clipped.”
• “Calculating Route” takes an extended period of time (2-5 minutes) to complete.
• “Could not find a route” displays when attempting to calculate a route.
• Voice Recognition sequence takes too many steps.
• The Navigation system reboots.
• “Could not find a route” displays when attempting to calculate a route.
• Voice Recognition has difficulty recognizing voicetags.
• "Handset Phonebook" access is slow
• XM NavTraffic is slow to report
• When hands free call via Bluetooth is in progress and another call comes in there is no function available to answer the incoming call.

When making appt. with dealer for this TSB fix have them check to see if they have the NTB10-125b/ITB10-066b Reprogramming Software DVD that is necessary or they need to order it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-15-2011, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just checked my 2011 LE (leased on 5/24/11) and it has Version X1U62018 so I guess I need the update!

I haven't really had a lot of the issues they state in the TSB. I'll have to try the call waiting feature when using Bluetooth.

It also states that this TSB applies to the 2011 Murano (Z51) which is for the Australia model so I'm guessing that it doesn't even apply to owners in the USA.

2011 Murano LE with Nav (His)
2009 SL (Hers)
#3 Old 07-15-2011, 12:49 PM

After I read this post I called Nissan asking about whether they had an upgrade for the 2009 Nav unit. There's a lot of new neighborhoods and mini malls around here and they don't show up on the maps. I'm not sure if you can even upgrade the 09 like has been mentioned for the 10 and 11 models.

I was told that there's a website you have to go to and download something, then take the car into a Nissan dealership and they charge from $250 to $300 to upgrade the software. That seems like an inordinately expensive upgrade for some software.....Nissan never mentioned this when I bought the car....but of course they usually don't mention add-on costs when they're trying to sell you a car. I would have negotiated that into the purchase price of the vehicle, or at least split it with them.

2009 Murano LE, white/tan, 48K miles; with all the amenities you can pack into this thing. Whoever had it first was obviously a doo-dad guy. Can't watch DVD movies because the headrest screens are facing backwards!!
#4 Old 07-15-2011, 01:10 PM

You pay $200 for the upgrade "license", present that number to the dealer, and then they use their software to update the nav unit. I was told about $100 for the service, that I thought was too much to begin with. $200 would be way too much for them to apply the update. I can live without the newer roads being shown!
#5 Old 07-15-2011, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have the same issue with the 09 upgrade. Unless you really, really need the accuracy in your maps, like the addition of new streets, I can't see the justification for shelling out $300+ for the upgrade. We did just fine with the original Nav in our 09 on this last trip. I grant that it didn't show the new exit in St. Goerge UT (exit 2), but then, it did show where the anticipated roads would likely be - I figure that's close enough.

2012 Infiniti FX 35 Midnight Mocha
2010 Lexus GS 350 AWD Smokey Granite Mica
2009 Murano LE Silver (gone)
2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Flint Mica (gone)
2005 Lexus RX 330 Thundercloud (gone)
2007 Lexus IS 250 AWD Flint Mica(gone)
2001 Lexus RX 300 (gone)

The Second Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security
#6 Old 07-15-2011, 04:03 PM

This is a follow-up post since I initially posted this topic on 12/14/11.

Note, today 7/15/11 after a trip to the dealership, I did edit/update my original post here. Please read my edited original post here again as TSB number has been updated along with more listed in the list of issues that this TSB addresses.

Anyway, I am in Upstate NY and I had a local dealership's Service Dept. address TSB NTB10-125b with a date of 4/20/11 mentioned in my first post. After the DVD re-programming of the Nav system in my 2011 Murano LE, I now have Nav Program version X1U62025. Per Nissan's TSB after the reprogramming it was necessary that I have either Program version X1U62025 or Program version X2U22025. As I mentioned I ended up with X1U62025.

If you have a 2010/2011 Murano with Nav manufacturered before 5/1/2011 you will want the dealer to complete TSB NTB10-125b with a date of 4/20/11 on your 2010/2011 Murano with Nav unless you already have either Program version X1U62025 or Program version X2U22025 which you probably do not.

When making appt. with dealer for this TSB fix have them check to see if they have the NTB10-125b/ITB10-066b Reprogramming Software DVD that is necessary or they will need to order it.

I can report I see the fixes listed in my first post. The DVD reprogramming did what it was suppose to. Took the dealer about 45 or so minutes to do the reprogramming. I waited for vehicle while they did the work. Warranty work, no charge.
#7 Old 07-15-2011, 08:06 PM

$300 to update a nav database is a little excessive. You can buy portable GPS for less than that, and we're driving Nissans, not a Lexus. You would think by now you could just download the update onto a USB drive and update the nav system using that. Having a built in nav screen is a big plus but I couldn't bring myself to spend $1k+ on it when my smartphone does a decent job pulling GPS duty.

2011 Murano S FWD
#8 Old 07-15-2011, 10:51 PM

ura

I just bought the upgrade for the 09 Murano....the company you contact takes your VIN number and runs it against their records to see what version of the software needs to be installed. In my case, I was advised that it's version 4.8 dated December,2010. They charged me $99 plus tax for a total of $107.66. All you get is a "validation number" that you give to the dealership and since the VIN is already entered into the system, the validation number matches up with the VIN and the dealership can use their program to do the update. You can't download it and do it yourself...it's a proprietary program. I questioned the application of the sales tax because the company is not in California...and was advised that since the dealerships are in every state, and the software is being installed in one of those states, a sales tax applies. The logic (??) sort of escaped me, but I paid the tax.

I'm negotiating with the dealership to see if they'll give me a break on the install fee...and they said they'd "work with me on it"....whatever that turns out to be. I live in an area with a lot of new mini malls, businesses, and housing that's gone in since the 09 Murano's Nav unit was programmed, so I need the updated software. Well, I guess truthfully I truly don't "need" it, so it's more like....I just want it current.

2009 Murano LE, white/tan, 48K miles; with all the amenities you can pack into this thing. Whoever had it first was obviously a doo-dad guy. Can't watch DVD movies because the headrest screens are facing backwards!!
#9 Old 07-16-2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck jones View Post
I just bought the upgrade for the 09 Murano....the company you contact takes your VIN number and runs it against their records to see what version of the software needs to be installed. In my case, I was advised that it's version 4.8 dated December,2010. They charged me $99 plus tax for a total of $107.66. All you get is a "validation number" that you give to the dealership and since the VIN is already entered into the system, the validation number matches up with the VIN and the dealership can use their program to do the update. You can't download it and do it yourself...it's a proprietary program. I questioned the application of the sales tax because the company is not in California...and was advised that since the dealerships are in every state, and the software is being installed in one of those states, a sales tax applies. The logic (??) sort of escaped me, but I paid the tax.

I'm negotiating with the dealership to see if they'll give me a break on the install fee...and they said they'd "work with me on it"....whatever that turns out to be. I live in an area with a lot of new mini malls, businesses, and housing that's gone in since the 09 Murano's Nav unit was programmed, so I need the updated software. Well, I guess truthfully I truly don't "need" it, so it's more like....I just want it current.
Do you mean 8.4 ? as shown here NAVTEQ - Maps for your Nissan Navigation System
#10 Old 07-16-2011, 09:56 AM

Regarding Navteq map updates : On the 2011 Murano, the owner can easily do the Navteq map update himself/herself. It is just a matter of buying the Navteq update DVD when available, placing it in the Murano's player and then following some simple prompts.

The 2010 Murano and older model years, use the HDD system. With these HDD system vehicles, the only thing you get from the Navteq, website is a code. You take that code to a Nissan dealer, and using their "C3" computer and a Navteq master disk the Nissan tech does the map update of the navigation system.

To see if there is a Navteq Map Update for your Nissan go here: http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...dMenuItem=Home
#11 Old 07-16-2011, 11:55 AM

I wonder how many quirks in the system that an update would eliminate. Our son lives in Salem, MA, a town settled in the early 1600s. I can't program in his address because the system doesn't recognize the name of this town! I had to program the destination using the phone number of a hotel across the street from his home. Peculiar!
#12 Old 07-16-2011, 12:38 PM

I'll be able to provide you with an update on what the new NAV software does or doesn't do when I get my system upgraded on 7/18/11. I'm hoping that it will remedy some of the issues I didn't like....in addition to correcting some errors in the identification of major freeways; for instance....it calls Hwy 99 ....I-5 when takng certan routes.

****UPDATE 7/19/2011**** I had the software updated. It kept the same lame sounding secondary voice, but did put in some additonal info for the new areas, and corrected the incorrect reference to Hwy 99 as I-5. I haven't had much chance to do much else with it other than run around the area where I live. I don't know if it impacts, changes, or updates any of the other features that display in the NAV screen, but I would imagine not. The dealer charged me $180 for the install....which is a lot more than other folks are reporting...must be a California thing???

Bill: I guess you'd say it was version 8.4 as shown in the Navteq system....I was on the phone with the Navtech rep buying the upgrade and asked her to give me the specifics...she told me it was version 8.4 dated December 2010....along with a confirmation email that showed the following:

Thank you for your order with NAVTEQ. Your complete satisfaction is our goal.

Your new navigation map update will allow you to save driving time, reduce fuel consumption and ensure your navigation system reflects real world conditions!

Click Play Uncharted Territories the new online game. to learn more about map updates by playing the exciting new game Unchartered Territories.

Line 1
Product U0047-0076-010
Description Nissan HDD Nav Sys X8 Ver 8.4
Quantity 1
Item Status Active
Total Line Item -Value 99.00 USD

That's about all I know about the product....I'm not very computer literate.

Chuck

#13 Old 10-06-2011, 09:44 PM
HVT

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillArf View Post
This is a follow-up post since I initially posted this topic on 12/14/11.

Note, today 7/15/11 after a trip to the dealership, I did edit/update my original post here. Please read my edited original post here again as TSB number has been updated along with more listed in the list of issues that this TSB addresses.

Anyway, I am in Upstate NY and I had a local dealership's Service Dept. address TSB NTB10-125b with a date of 4/20/11 mentioned in my first post. After the DVD re-programming of the Nav system in my 2011 Murano LE, I now have Nav Program version X1U62025. Per Nissan's TSB after the reprogramming it was necessary that I have either Program version X1U62025 or Program version X2U22025. As I mentioned I ended up with X1U62025.

If you have a 2010/2011 Murano with Nav manufacturered before 5/1/2011 you will want the dealer to complete TSB NTB10-125b with a date of 4/20/11 on your 2010/2011 Murano with Nav unless you already have either Program version X1U62025 or Program version X2U22025 which you probably do not.

When making appt. with dealer for this TSB fix have them check to see if they have the NTB10-125b/ITB10-066b Reprogramming Software DVD that is necessary or they will need to order it.

I can report I see the fixes listed in my first post. The DVD reprogramming did what it was suppose to. Took the dealer about 45 or so minutes to do the reprogramming. I waited for vehicle while they did the work. Warranty work, no charge.
Son of a female canine!!! Our 2011 has version X1U62008! We thought it's been the damn phone and we had Verizon replace it...TWICE! I never knew there was a freakin' update to cure the problem! Thank you thank you!

Nav
Chromed stainless rear bumper protector
Retrofit 5k HIDs
235/65-18 Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons
#14 Old 10-06-2011, 10:01 PM

You did not mention what the problem is with your cellphone. Can tell you that I have real issues with my Murano bluetooth. My HTC Incredible Android (Verizon) pairs up without issue, cellphone phonebook is accessible via the bluetooth and all seems perfect .... BUT, BUT .... most everyone I call with my cellphone working with the bluetooth say they can't hear me properly / words are broken, etc.. I have pretty much stopped using the Murano bluetooth and my cellphone. Had this issue before the TSB update and continue to have it. I have wondered if others with the 2011 have had the same issue? Cellphone or Murano bluetooth is the villian?

eeeee
#15 Old 10-07-2011, 12:15 AM
HVT

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillArf View Post
You did not mention what the problem is with your cellphone. Can tell you that I have real issues with my Murano bluetooth. My HTC Incredible Android (Verizon) pairs up without issue, cellphone phonebook is accessible via the bluetooth and all seems perfect .... BUT, BUT .... most everyone I call with my cellphone working with the bluetooth say they can't hear me properly / words are broken, etc.. I have pretty much stopped using the Murano bluetooth and my cellphone. Had this issue before the TSB update and continue to have it. I have wondered if others with the 2011 have had the same issue? Cellphone or Murano bluetooth is the villian?

That's exactly our issue. However, my BlackBerry works perfectly fine. So that leads me to believe that either there is a major issue with the Muranos Bluetooth (The one in my 08 Titan works flawlessly) or it'svery picky as to what type of bluetooth system it works with. The phone that worked the worst was an LG phone and now a Samsung, although better, still can sound all garbled at times.

Nav
Chromed stainless rear bumper protector
Retrofit 5k HIDs
235/65-18 Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: