Nissan Murano Forum banner

Time Change on your clock?

33K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  katz_n_jamer 
#1 ·
My 11 SL with NAV clock did not change today. I checked the settings and the Daylight savings setting was on and I was in the right time zone. I had to hit the -1hr to get the time correct. Is this a software glitch that can be fixed or do I have something not set correctly in my system?

Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks

#2 ·
My 11 SL with NAV clock did not change today. I checked the settings and the Daylight savings setting was on and I was in the right time zone. I had to hit the -1hr to get the time correct. Is this a software glitch that can be fixed or do I have something not set correctly in my system?

Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks

Remember 48 states, not all, observe daylight savings time. Hawaii and most of Arizona do not. Undoubtedly partly because of this, The 2011/2012 Murano is not supposed to change the clock in regard to Daylight Savings Time without owner intervention. You need to go to settings - clock and toggle ON or Off Daylight Savings time. This is the way it is designed. Another words when Daylight Savings Time ends you manually toggle your setting to OFF. Daylight Savings Time starts you manually toggle to ON.

From the 2011 Nissan Navigation System Owner's Manual:

[Daylight Savings Time]:
Select to toggle the daylight savings time
setting between on and off. The indicator
light illuminates when the daylight savings
time setting is set to on.

#3 ·
I always thought when daylight savings time is toggled to on, the clock automatically changes at the appropriate time in fall and then changes back in spring . When off, it does not change automatically. At least that is how it works on other systems I have seen that have the feature. So if you have the daylight saving toggled "on" and is not doing it, it could be that the program is still based on the old daylight savings schedule we had several years ago.

#5 ·
Strictly a manual operation. Up to you to toggle on/off, no automation involved. Our current Lexus (and previous ones) were the same way.

#6 ·
So let me understand:

When Daylight savings time arrives:
Go your car
Toggle on "daylight Savings"
Clock goes back one hour

When Daylight savings time ends:
Go to your car
Toggle off "daylight Savings"
Clock goes forward one hour

This does not make sense to me. Might as well adjust the clock manually!

#7 ·
No question, yes, it is what it is...
:D Personally, I have no problem with having to make a single selection on a Nav screen to turn Daylight Savings on/off.
I can understand why Nissan opted to do it that way. It probably is the simplest solution that would fit most scenarios..

#10 ·
Personally I would ignore such operation,Its a piece of crap since the clock itself is not accurate. So what I do is change the clock to the right time.

I don't understand why Nissan put this crap there. Either you update the clock my means of satellite or don't put such a crappy option on an expensive car.

Same thing when the weather is under 3 celsius, it displays ICY, I put the option off, and it still displays. Nissan should have given a menu, with all the option, and check what you want to to be displayed, but make it work

#11 ·
Reminder: :D You need to go to settings on your Nav unit - clock and toggle ON or Off Daylight Savings time.

Remember 48 states, not all, observe daylight savings time. Hawaii and most of Arizona do not. Undoubtedly partly because of this, The 2011/2012 Murano is not supposed to change the Nav unit clock in regard to Daylight Savings Time without owner intervention.You need to go to settings - clock and toggle ON or Off Daylight Savings time. This is the way it is designed. Another words when Daylight Savings Time ends you manually toggle your setting to OFF. Daylight Savings Time starts you manually toggle to ON.

From the 2011 Nissan Navigation System Owner's Manual:

[Daylight Savings Time]:
Select to toggle the daylight savings time
setting between on and off. The indicator
light illuminates when the daylight savings
time setting is set to on.

#14 ·
I just did ours and as soon as I set it to ON, it jumped ahead an hour so it is a manual operation thing. Why bother with a setting if it doesn't do it on its' own. Just set the clock ahead or back yourself. Kinda dumb to me.

#15 ·
I did mine early also.. Yes, as soon as you toggle on, it jumps ahead one hour. Yeah, they really could have just omitted the toggle but really, it does make it a tiny bit :D more convenient.

As for doing it on it's own, again, as I mentioned early on in this thread, remember 48 states, not all, observe daylight savings time. Hawaii and most of Arizona do not. Undoubtedly partly because of this, The 2011/2012 Murano is not supposed to change the clock in regard to Daylight Savings Time without owner intervention.

To the best of my knowledge Nissan has the Daylight Savings time toggle like on our Murano, on all the newer models with Nav.

#19 ·
"This does not make sense to me. Might as well adjust the clock manually! "
Exactly! It sounds like the system was designed to change automatically, and then some engineer said "We can save fifty cents on each radio be removing the chip that does this". Zingo, it is gone.

Yes, there really are electronics engineers who get paid to review a finished product and find ways to shake the pennys out of it that way. Sadly, it is normal business.

#22 ·
At the cost of great personal peril and arduous work, I shall bravely invest the 30 seconds required to access the menu and punch in new settings. :eek:

Having concluded my labors, I will retire to the couch for a few hours to recover from the high levels of exertion required. :p

#24 ·
Aided and abetted by appropriate adult beverage I assume! ;)

#23 ·
Ah, Bill, it's a car. Or an SUV, Crossover, light truck...whatever whoever thinks it is.

Anyhow, you can drive it to Arizona or parts of several other states that just don't inflict Daylight Slavings Time on the masses, leave it there until spring, and your clock will be correct all year round, without any fingerpoking.

DST: Accident rates go up, folks miss appointments, and eveyrone turns on the lights and burns power sooner at night instead of just the farmers in the pre-dawn. Oh yeah, that's a winner. "HEY RUBE!"

#33 ·
My winter home is in S Nevada (Pacific time) about 50 yards from the AZ state line. It's very entertaining to try to remember if AZ time is currently the same as Pacific or Mountain at any given time of the year. Plus, Utah is only 35 miles up the Interstate and it's on Mountain time. We almost need a chart to keep track of it, & have learned someone driving from Utah may be an hour early if they do the time calculation wrong.

#27 ·
Topic seems to come up about twice a year.... :rolleyes:

#31 ·
Well I'm 49!.....geez old folks, have someone younger change your damn clocks and stop whining about the high tech crap! LMAO

#34 ·
My daughter lives in Pueblo West, Colorado and my niece in Henderson Nevada. I visit them both frequently and go from Brantford, Ontario (EST) to Pueblo then to Nevada by as many different ways as I can as it can get a bit boring until we reach the mountains. Especially going through Nebraska, or Kansas, no disrespect intended. Keeping track of the time changes can be very confusing though.

Arizona, Colorado, Utah and Nevada are fantastic places. I would love to move there, but unfortunately the Canadian Government only allows us 6 months then cuts our pensions.:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.